Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: I have crabs...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
I don't know if anyone else is into saltwater aquariums, but I got mine setup again.

I bought two small green crabs... these little guys are very cool. Watching them eat is so wierd. They eat small bits of algae from live rock. the way they move their arms is very, very strange. blink.gif

Anyways... just wanted to share. smile.gif

-Rusty
Crazyhippy
Emerald Crabs... I had a few, I think the Leopard Wrass (very cool fish btw) killed them though.

Also have a Eibil's angel... gorgeous little fucker! Ate the few pieces of SPS i had in the tank (had 50/50 odds and i lost...)

Cleaner Shrimp are cool to watch too.

I have a 75, and as soon as i have some more room, i'll do a 200+

BJH
Rusty
I've thought about getting a peppermint shrimp... but I'll probably wait a few months before I do that. I'd like to go slowly building this ecosystem.
TimT
Years ago I had a salt water tank....

The crabs were the most interesting creatures in the whole tank..

never did get an anemone to live for more than a few weeks

I had Eheim filters.. are they still around?

Rusty
I don't use any filters. Just my protein skimmer and a wet/dry sump.

I'll probably convert the wet/dry into a refugarium in the next few months.
alpha434
Pistol shrimp. HIYA!

Those are the coolest thing you can have in a saltwater tank. But they kill anything else that holds still for more than a minute. One of my friends had one. I have no idea where he got it. Flippin sweet!
degreeoff
Ex girlfriend gave me crabs once...never forgave her.........................

JK
wbergtho
In college, I got a real bad case of the "Sabre Tooth Crotch Crickets". Nothing a little quell lotion can't take care of.
plymouth37
I just knew this thread would take a turn for the worse..... dry.gif
blitZ
I have a small fish only tank with a coral beauty, neon goby and a clown fish. I'd like to get crabs rolleyes.gif , but haven't had much like keeping them or shrimp alive.
Eric_Shea
Ex girlfriend gave me crabs once...never forgave her...

No, you just beat her ass with your guitar case. That pooooooooooor girl w00t.gif

Rusty, show us your crusty's (you know what I mean) dry.gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Corporal Beef
I got crabs in Nicaragua. Here's one of the little buggers now!

sj914
Last time I had my 100gl. salt running, I had a queen trigger and damsels an eel and a hermit crab. After a week of having the trigger, I guess it got bored and it decided to eat the damsels and kill the eel. Only thing that survived was the hermit crab. headbang.gif
degreeoff
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 25 2007, 09:25 AM) *

Ex girlfriend gave me crabs once...never forgave her...

No, you just beat her ass with your guitar case. That pooooooooooor girl w00t.gif

Rusty, show us your crusty's (you know what I mean) dry.gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Breakin my heart!!! Jury is still out on that one.....

I have a 54 gal corner tank Fresh H2O but I have the right filter and light set up to go salt....maybe AFTER the 6 is done....
JPB
We have shrimp in the Rappahannock river here and I put like 100 in my tank with the Jack Dempsy. Neadless to say, they slowly disapear along with the algea. I'd like a huge tank like they sell on ebay like 300gals.+ but I think I'd put some frontosas in it.
TimT
I used one of these filters before I moved.. and haven't set another tank up yet because of the "remodeling"

This was a very good filter way back then (10 years?)

or do I need to relearn everything about keeping exotic fish?
BigDBass
I had Eheim filters.. are they still around?
Yes, Eheim is alive and kickin' and still making some of the best aquarium products.
do I need to relearn everything about keeping exotic fish?
All the fundamentals are naturally still the same, but there are some nice new products out there in the last few years. One of my favorites is a line of in-line heaters from Hydor that you connect to the return from a canister filter. A lot of new lighting options are available as well.

Fish and reptiles are my favorite OT topics! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.