Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Quad gauges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
marks914
edit:
FOR ALL THE INFORMATION YOU COULD EER NEED ON THESE UNITS, GO TO MY WEBSITE:

http://members.aol.com/bigmarkdesign/products

Like the description says, 914-6 quad gauges, full VDO units. follow the link below for the PDF full story on al the gauges.
You may want to save target as, its 4 megs.

http://members.aol.com/bigmarkdesign/flyer

Here is a pic though. With prices starting at $250, they are a great value.

Mark
Dr Evil
Nice! But, when I click your link all I get is a screen full of gibberish. confused24.gif
VaccaRabite
There is badness on your linking page. It crashed out Firefox. Hard.

Zach
Eric_Shea
Those look nice Mark. smilie_pokal.gif

Price is awesome gang.

I'm going to let these play out here for a while to get some national/international attention but after a while they should head to the Vendors section wink.gif

Excellent. You'all better be pony'n up some dough.

icon_bump.gif
smontanaro
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 25 2007, 09:33 AM) *

Nice! But, when I click your link all I get is a screen full of gibberish. confused24.gif

It's actually a PDF file. I placed a copy here:

http://www.webfast.com/~skip/914/flyer.pdf

that should download and open just fine.

Skip
Brando
Lemme get this straight... left one has PSI for oil and ºF for temp, right one has BAR for oil and ºC for temp?
Eric_Shea
Looks to me like:

Clockwise starting at the top:

Oil Temp
Voltage
Fuel Level
Oil (Oel) Pressure
marks914
The link is to a PDF file, pretty standard stuff.

The gauges are the same, just one is english units, the other is metric.

Mark
Andyrew
oh.... That temps me way to much..

Mark, how long will you be selling these?
fiid
QUOTE(Brando @ Feb 25 2007, 10:21 AM) *

Lemme get this straight... left one has PSI for oil and ºF for temp, right one has BAR for oil and ºC for temp?

I don't think the right side is Bar... I think it's something like kg/cc or something. I have a guage from a european 924 or something that is in the same units. Took me a while to figure out what it was/is for......

marks914
I have enough "stuff" to make about 5 more right now.

The metric version is 10 bar scale, or 150 PSI.

I have had these available for a while, I can put any 90 degree sweep VDO gauge in it. It seems that no one realized that I could use a 150 unit instead of an 80 psi unit work for a 6.
I also did a unit the other day for a 911 guy tat had 2 CHTs, oil temp and pressure.

Mark
scotty b
O.K. so I'll be the guy to start the shart maybe but I have to ask.

Since you are doing such a good job with the quad gauges.....could you.....would you ....maybe start a run of the traditional 904 triple gauges? No one else could seem to get it done to a complete unit (or complete face for that matter). I was on the list for the triple faces but no one could get the silkscreening done sad.gif the silkscreening done. You certainly seem to have the right connections smile.gif
JPB
PM sent Dibididibdibs! smilie_pokal.gif
marks914
Scotty:
If someone has the stamped bezels, i can get them and the faces printed.
Most good silkscreen shops charge about $70 for setup and around $50 to run 50 faces.
The shop I use does all my showcar / prototype and SEMA stuff, so i get a good deal.
The stamped bezels require pad printing, since the surface is not flat.
Mark
scotty b
QUOTE(marks914 @ Feb 26 2007, 04:26 PM) *

Scotty:
If someone has the stamped bezels, i can get them and the faces printed.
Most good silkscreen shops charge about $70 for setup and around $50 to run 50 faces.
The shop I use does all my showcar / prototype and SEMA stuff, so i get a good deal.
The stamped bezels require pad printing, since the surface is not flat.
Mark

Someone here was/is selling the faces without any printing. I THINK it may be John (?) Maybe the 2 of you could get together on this? I'll do what I can to find out who specifically it is that sells them. I and MANY others would love to see the triple faces available again rocking nana.gif

Woudl you want one of the faces first to make certain it is in the correct condition (?) for silkscreening? If so I would gladly be the one to buy it and have it sent to you.
marks914
scotty
If they are not a flat plate thay cannot be silkscreened, that could be why no one can do them. Pad printing is the way to go, more costly set up though. thats how they print on pens, keycains, balls, general SWAG.
I can't think of anyone off hand who pad prints, but I can check into it.
Mark
John
They are a flat plate. I could not find anyone that could do real sharp edges/fine lines that I wanted. (The quality was just not there) After sinking a bunch of time and money, I punted and am offering them unprinted.

After I saw your gauges, I thought about pursuing decals, but like yours, the white is just not opaque enough. I prefer them blank. I know what the gauges are for. It's pretty easy to figure out the fuel, temperature and pressure gauges. The idiot lights are equally easy to identify (at least to me). Where did you get your decals done and do you have extras? I do like the symbols....
scotty b
Hey John ignore that PM I just sent ya. laugh.gif
marks914
QUOTE(John @ Feb 26 2007, 06:01 PM) *

They are a flat plate. I could not find anyone that could do real sharp edges/fine lines that I wanted. (The quality was just not there) After sinking a bunch of time and money, I punted and am offering them unprinted.

After I saw your gauges, I thought about pursuing decals, but like yours, the white is just not opaque enough. I prefer them blank. I know what the gauges are for. It's pretty easy to figure out the fuel, temperature and pressure gauges. The idiot lights are equally easy to identify (at least to me). Where did you get your decals done and do you have extras? I do like the symbols....

John,

The Icons I use are actually a 50% gray. I chose this so that they are sub-dominant over the numbers on the face. The numbers on this gauge are also rub-downs, and are opaque so that they are very bright. I do have some more of the gray ones if you want them.
Mark
agrump
Do you have a picture of a guage with the CHT option? Is it possible to put an led down by the zero in the oil pressure gauge (similar to the gas guage)? Can the guages be reorganized so that the oil temp is on the left, oil pressure is on top, cht is on the right and gas stays on the bottom?

Thanks,

Dean
marks914
Dean,
I do noy have a pic, but I will post the proof artwork for that type of gauge tomorrow when I get to work.
Yes, I can move all the stuff around. I can put any 90 degree sweep VDO gauge in any position.
Yes I an put the led in the pocket of the oil pressure gauge, like the reserve lamp, in fact, I can add LEDs to the other quadrants. Like the one on the 2nd page of the PDF.

Here is another pic with 5 LEDs, optional icons for them and some other special order stuff. The picture is not that great but you get the idea.

Mark
marks914
Dean,
here is a proof of the what the gauge would look like with a CHT
Mark

agrump
Very nice. I'm playing around with the CHT icon right now and deciding if I want to put extra LED's for an oil temp idiot light and what not. I'll place my order this weekend.

Click to view attachment
marks914
Here are the icons to choose from.
I made them 50% gray so that they are sub-dominant from the numbers and so that they show up on black or white.
I also send a high-res proof before I start the gauge on any special orders.

Mark

marks914
Thanks for the great response everyone. I am finally starting to pay off the R&D and the materials. I just might break even!

Mark
Air_Cooled_Nut
What's with the triangle w/the gas pump? I understand the gas pump, but the triangle???? I think it'd look better w/o the triangle.

Gauges look great! Good work!!
marks914
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Mar 4 2007, 04:11 PM) *

What's with the triangle w/the gas pump? I understand the gas pump, but the triangle???? I think it'd look better w/o the triangle.

Gauges look great! Good work!!

Its not a triangle, its the arrow pointing to the fuel filler, like most cars

Mark
Air_Cooled_Nut
Huh. My '73 914 says "Tank", my '72 VW just has the gauge (no icons), same goes with my '81 Goldwing, and my '95 Jetta and my g/f's 2002 Passat only show the fuel pump w/no arrow. Must be a non-German thing.
John
I first noticed this in rental cars, but it seems that most newer cars have either an arrow pointing to the side where the filler is or the icon is set to the side that the filler is on.

I kind of like the icon thing, but I also like the retro TANK and the nothing at all.
marks914
Hre is a lettered face...
marks914
Here are some white faces I did...
spunone
Ya got a pic white faces with alum trim rings ??
marks914
FOR ALL THE INFO ON THE GAUGES AND SOME OTHER PRODUCTS/SERVICES, GO TO MY WEBSITE:

http://members.aol.com/bigmarkdesign/products

Thanks for all the support!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.