Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Wheel Extension
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BiG bOgGs
Has anyone used a steering wheel extension to help see the guages with a smaller diametersteering wheel? I saw this on a website yesterday while I was surfing for a new steering wheel, and was just wondering if it really worked.

I am 6'4" and as much leg room as I can get and still easily see my guages is the goal.
hydroliftin
I'm 6'4" too and have a heck of a time getting her into first without lifting my leg over my head first. I would kind of like to keep the stock steering wheel and add a spacer to move it further out from the dash. Anyone tried this?
Crazyhippy
Renegade Hybrids Makes 2 different sizes. I have the shorter one in my car w/ an unknown lil steering wheel. It's still tough to see the top of the tach (and the turn signal indicators...) Makes the driving position much more comfy for me.

BJH
Dr Evil
I just looked at the one listed at Renegade, it is a 3" extention and is listed at $165.
Crazyhippy
They also make a 5"?? one. No idea on price.
dlo914
here's a 6 bolt Sparco extension on Evil-Bay
length isnt given dry.gif but price is better than the Renegade one. smile.gif
Phoenix-MN
I fitted a 3 spoke wheel from an '78SC to my '71. The SC wheel has a built in extenstion that brings the wheel back several inches. Not a simple bolt on but it does work.
slothness
Im 6'1, I have a Momo Competition wheel with a 3inch Momo extension on it, I like it because my seats all the way back and my knees no longer hit the wheel (as bad), but I had to rotate my tach 90 degrees CCW to see redline, basically the wheel is in the way of the top of the gauge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.