Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: helmets: where to buy them
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Chris Hamilton
First autocross of the year is coming up quickly, and I need to go shopping around for helmets. I'd like to try on a few different brands and types to see what fits best, is there anywhere good around here with decent selection?
DanT
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Feb 25 2007, 03:51 PM) *

First autocross of the year is coming up quickly, and I need to go shopping around for helmets. I'd like to try on a few different brands and types to see what fits best, is there anywhere good around here with decent selection?

IOPORTracing.com

they are local and know their stuff...

carries Pyrotect and Bell.
decent prices.
Chris Hamilton
I'll check that out. I want to get whatever is the best fitting.

Anywhere that carries Simpson or Impact! ?
URY914
discoveryparts.com
saferacer.com
Chris Hamilton
Thanks URY, however I was kinda looking for somewhere I could go try them on before buying.

I'll be heading over to i o port tomorrow, along with the bell factory in oakland. Anywhere local I can try on simpson or impact! helmets?
nebreitling
i don't know about simpson/impact, but head up to wine country motorsports at infineon for more selection.
Joe Ricard
Helmets are going to fit kinda snug for the 1st 3-4 times wearing it. My Bell was almost too tight but now fits like a glove. 5 months old now wear it ALOT.
DerekKim
I'm looking at getting a helmet soon. That helemt I used on Saturday smelled so bad! Sour sweat ewww.
DanT
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Feb 26 2007, 09:42 AM) *

Helmets are going to fit kinda snug for the 1st 3-4 times wearing it. My Bell was almost too tight but now fits like a glove. 5 months old now wear it ALOT.

I agree Joe....I got a new Pyrotect (Bell) last season and for the first 4-5 times I wore it, it gave me a headache it was so tight....now it fits just fine.
They need to be used and mold into your specific head shape and then they feel fine.
Michael N
I just bought one from Apex Performance ( www.apexperformance.net ) and used Promo code NCRC-10-2006 but it will also take Apex-wins-10 . The promo code is for 10% off. SA2005 Pyrotect open face and Apex gloves - no tax , no shipping on ony the helmet all for less than $165.00. The also include the helmet bag and sock for free.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.