Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plunge Taken
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BiG bOgGs
Well all, I am now (or two weekends from now when I pay for and pick it up) the owner of a yellow 76 914. I don't even have the car yet and have already ordered parts for it. poke.gif

Although I have loved the 914 since I was 6 (am 40 now) I never cared for the big black bumpers on the 76. I have tried the search function but with limited succes. Can you please direct me to where I can find what other bumpers, from fiberglass to used earlier bumpers, that I should consider? I have seen pictures of different fiberglass bumpers, but I can't get good pics of them and am not sure if they will fit right on a 76. Any help is appreciated.
ClayPerrine
Now you have done it... you are hooked.

These little shits are the crack cocaine of the sports car world. Once you take a hit, you are hooked forever.

welcome.png

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
shelby/914
I also have a '76 and I'm considering the bumper back date too. Have already bought a set of chrome bumpers, still need to find either origional type or fiberglass tops. There use to be several threads on the process. One was something like "old school bumpers, retrofitting to a '76" Also search bumper backdate or bumper conversion. Haven't searched lately but it use to work.
Johny Blackstain
welcome.png here's a bunch of places to find all sorts of parts:

here in the classified section
motors.ebay.com
performanceproducts.com
camp914.com
autoatlanta.com
pelicanparts.com

& on & on & on... cool_shades.gif
EdwardBlume
You can backdate a 76 fairly easily. You need to take the spring loaded bumpers off, cut a flange that was added to support the later assembly and drill holes for the old bolt on bumpers.

Depending on the color, chrome looks nice.

Congrats! beerchug.gif
drewvw
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
boxstr
One quick idea on the bumpers. When you get them, get studs to fit in the threaded bits rather than bolts, it makes it SO SO much easier to install them by yourself.
There should be a thread here for backdating to early bumpers on a 75-76 914.
CCLIN914NATION
Andyrew
Dang, in all the years of owning it I didnt even think of that craig... wow.

Good tip!!!
Bleyseng
my 76 with late and early bumpers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.