Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil check valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
does the type 4 oil filter assembly have a check valve that prevents oil backpressure?
914Sixer
Yes,it has a ball with a spring behind it in the top of the filter mount. It should opperate smoothly.
brer
furthermore, has anyone here used an accusump on their engine?
I've been reading about them on pelican and some other boards.

One issue with it is you need a check valve to prevent pressure returning to the oil pump when there's a pressure drop. Since there is a check valve... where would be good to tap the case for this accumulator device? On the oil cooler tower perhaps? or maybe in one of the galley plugs that are already tapped?

Its hold oil under pressure, and if there's a drop it releases the oil for 30 seconds for whatever to compensate so somewhere that is after the check valve but before the bearing passages. Is there an oil system map?

I haven't bought one yet, but i'm home wasting time on the thought.

http://www.accusump.com/
jd74914
QUOTE(brer @ Feb 26 2007, 11:53 AM) *

furthermore, has anyone here used an accusump on their engine?
I've been reading about them on pelican and some other boards.

One issue with it is you need a check valve to prevent pressure returning to the oil pump when there's a pressure drop. Since there is a check valve... where would be good to tap the case for this accumulator device? On the oil cooler tower perhaps? or maybe in one of the galley plugs that are already tapped?

Its hold oil under pressure, and if there's a drop it releases the oil for 30 seconds for whatever to compensate so somewhere that is after the check valve but before the bearing passages. Is there an oil system map?

I haven't bought one yet, but i'm home wasting time on the thought.

http://www.accusump.com/

I have seen TIV race cars and AX cars with accusumps. I don't think that it is necessary on the street. smile.gif
brer
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Feb 26 2007, 09:03 AM) *

I have seen TIV race cars and AX cars with accusumps. I don't think that it is necessary on the street. smile.gif

I only drive it once a week or two weeks. I was moreinterested in its ability to pressurize the system before start up. Turn on the key and the oil system goes up to pressure.

I also wince when the oil light comes on around a corner too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.