Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6-speed Getrag transaxle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
db9146
Does anyone know about the 6-speed Getrag-Ford transaxle that is used in the Noble? What production car does it come from? Anyone know of a web site for more info about it? The Noble site doesn't have anything on the transaxle specifically.

Thanks smile.gif
roadster fan
IIRC it is the 6 speed getrag from the european Ford Mondeo for the M12.

In the USA, 1g racing delivers the chassis without engine/transaxle.

hope this helps,

Jim
LS6/914
AER supplies the engine/transaxle. The M12 GTO used a 5spd Getrag. The M12 GTO 3R and M400 use a Getrg 6spd. Gear ratios for the 3R are 1st-3.15, 2nd-1.95, 3rd-1.52,4th-1.19,5th-1.31,6th-1.03. Final drive3.87 for 1,2,3&4. 2.76 for 5th & 6th. A Quaife automatic torque biasing diff is fitted. The gear shift linkage was vastly improved between the M12 and M400. The transaxle is a sideways mount in theNoble. Hope this helped, Larry
RON S.

If I'm not mistaken,The Noble engine is mounted transversly in the rear.

There was an article in the last issue of Car & Driver,doing a comparison with a Noble included.

I swear the photo showed the Roush V6 mounted sideways.

Hence the trans is of no use to a 914.

Ron
db9146
Thanks for the info. I looked on the Noble site and saw the reference to the tranny. Did a couple of searches and started to figure that out. Still looking for another alternative. Maybe a Suby trans is the wat to go.

Thanks all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.