Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Larger Speaker Pods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
marc_hines
Nathan, the fellow here in Oregon who has put the new speaker plates/pod on ebay, and I just finshed a long phone conversation. I need carpet for both trunks, and after I ordered it we talked about the speaker pods.

They have been a huge hit. He has been getting a 'buy it now' every hour - and he had to stop putting new ones out on ebay so he could get caught up with the exsisting orders.

He is a composites man from way-back, and these are actually a gel coated fiber glass made from molds he created some years ago and just now got into production. These are stronger then the plastic speaker pods that came OEM.

In fact, I ordered a set for myself, too. laugh.gif

Nathan is making more molds so he can produce more sets. He is going to be offering additional sets on eBay this weekend.

He makes it a rule not to sell more than he can produce (AA could learn a few things from him), so they will be in limtied quantities for a the next week-ish until the new molds go on-line.

Marc...
sj914
Do you think he's up for doing a group buy.
scotty
Hehehehe...and no sales tax!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(sj914 @ Nov 25 2003, 03:40 PM)
Do you think he's up for doing a group buy.

agree.gif that would be great, id buy a set
Brad Roberts
Marc,

have him post them here.. He met me at Jamies event in Monmouth a few months back.

He can post them in the "vendors" forum.

b
marc_hines
I'm let him know we would like him to post in the vendor forum. I'm guessing it won't be until the new molds are done and he can increase production (they are selling faster then he can make them right now). I will ask about a group buy OR PREFERABLY 914 club pricing so we can do them individually with him at a discount (this makes more sense as we are all over the place).
marc_hines
I've send the request and link to him to help things along.
rick 918-S
Get him to sign up. we need more members!
seanery
tell him about the Classic.
morph
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Nov 25 2003, 04:33 PM)
Get him to sign up. we need more members!

well i made it on,thank you for youre overwelming intrest in my products.
for those who have ordered my speaker ports over the weekend they will all be shipped wed the 26th.
i just came in from making new molds for this item due to the fact that they where selling one per hour
i had to stop the listing due to te overwelming response
they will be reposted on ebay this sat
this project has been sitting on the shelf as a cast or "plug"for allmost three years, i have several other prototypes that accept other sizes of speakers,this port was origanilly inteded to house the mid bass speaker of a complete componet speaker system (sub,mid bass,mid range, and tweeter)
i have shipped products and spoke with 914 owners all over the world.by july 2004 we will be manufacturing all of the hard vinyl parts to the interior(new complete dashes )that will be idenitcal to the originals.thank you nathan james hogue
Qarl
Other ideas... sun visors!!!!
Aaron Cox
what the estimated cost on a new dash?
Brad Roberts
HUm.. I can have the dashes done for 300$ in any color I want.. hopefully he can do new interior parts in any color we want.

B
McMark
How rigid are the speaker pods? Could they be made extra thick for added rigidity? I had speakers in the stock pods and the bass response has horrific. The doors are great for bass response, but you kill your doors. I'll be ordering a set of pods as soon as they show up on eBay again. You do carpet kits too right? I'll be getting one of those too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.