Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dead Storage car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
So now I am down to haglling about was the car dead storage or a motor conveince.(sp)

If I luck out and talk them into it what would be the market value on 74 2.0L Fuchs new tires, Turbo tie rods, 320i calipers, Konis red adjustable, new poly sway bar bushings front back, New rear wheel bearings, Corbeau seats. Show piece resto in both trunks. The engine / transmission is out and in my garage. No rust, great longs with GT stiffening kit installed. even had a great battery box.
Slowpoke
Huh???? wink.gif
GWN7
Tell them $3,500 for it as a roller. Or tell them more and let them work their way down to $3,000 smile.gif
redshift
They cost more here than where all these lucky fools come from.

Make sure your insurance guy takes that into account. smile.gif

M
Joe Ricard
Redshift. That is a very good point. Since I have (or had) the only running 914 on the Gulf Coast. I think it should be concidered I was planning that trip to PAC NOR WEST to get a good teener. $1000.00 bucks in just transport. I got the 74 from a guy in Cleveland OH.

Anyone remember The guy that moved to New Orleans with a 2.0L and a 2.7 / 6 ? He sold the 2.0L for 5 grand. and the 6 for 16K.
redshift
If it helps your case any, last year I bought a nice color change 74 roller with cleanish original interior and none of the extra stuff you have in that list for $2500 + shipping, at the time more than you said.

M
72914S
This one RUNS ! and I`m on the gulf coast.
Eric_Shea
Lower that front end already! wink.gif
72914S
REALLY? I was thinking of raising the back! speed bumps are hitting the exhaust.
Qarl
Yes, you need to adjust your front by adjusting the torsion bars.
72914S
Okay already. How difficult is it? What do I need to do?
Joe Ricard
Bet your car gets real squirrely at speed. Florida, Hmm, technically Gulf Coast. If you lower the front end the tail pipes will actually gain ground clearance.

So where did you get your red 914? what ya got in it or on it. What do you think it is worth. I was getting farther from stock all the time.

"Yellow cars may be faster but, Metallic blue L96b is just plain cool.
rick 918-S
TEXT: Home Owners Analysis Published by rough notes company. Inc.

Under the Basic Home Owners form; Moter Vehicles or all other land conveyances. This includes:

This section also excludes motor vehicles or all other motorized land conveyances which meansall motorvehicles except: vehicles used to service the insured's residence or designed for assisting the handicapped. This broad definition includes motor vehicles used on public roads, antique cars, vehicles in "dead storage" and off-road reccreational vehicles.

This is the book used to define policies and their coverage intent. Unless the teener had a lawn mower blade hanging under it.... Hummmm.... confused24.gif

This is not intended to be used for anything other than entertainment, this is not advise. bla bla bla lol2.gif lol2.gif
Eric_Shea
1. Turn the two bolts on the ends of your torsion bars.
2. Get (and install) a bump steer kit.
3. Head for the alignment shop.

In that order wink.gif

Less than 1/2 hour...
rhaas
I am also on the gulf coast. Bay Saint Louis, MS. My 914 also runs and drives, just needs the suspension console fixed.

Robin
Gint
Look at all of you guys on the gulf coast. I guess I should have announced my vacation a few weeks back. The wife and I stayed in Pensacola and drove out to New Orleans and spent a night. Another trip into 'Bama and back too.
72914S
I found this car in south Florida about 6 years ago.Originally it was white,po had started to paint it red. So I finished it in `77 Porsche guards red.The engine is a 2.0 w/ a few tweeks,and a side shift from a `73. And its worth to much to sell anytime soon. And red cars look fast just sitting there!
Joe Ricard
I guess a get together is in order then. Since I am in the middle I will sponsor it. We can make it a "take what you want off my car party" Got the suspension console it comes with the rest of car. All I want is the FUCHS and my aluminum front suspension belly pan and turbo tie rods. Don't know if my yellow car has them or not.
72914S
PARTY? When?,Where? beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.