Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 fan question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hellsbend
i've got a original 914/6 2.0 engine and was wondering if a later 1.67:1 fan/pulley would work on it, and if it would help keep the temps down with the faster spinning fan vs. the stock 1.3:1 fan. Would it cause any problems with the stock alternator besides a bit faster wear?
736conver
QUOTE(hellsbend @ Feb 27 2007, 01:06 AM) *

i've got a original 914/6 2.0 engine and was wondering if a later 1.67:1 fan/pulley would work on it, and if it would help keep the temps down with the faster spinning fan vs. the stock 1.3:1 fan. Would it cause any problems with the stock alternator besides a bit faster wear?

Why are your temps so high in the first place? How hot are you running? Changing pulley might not be the best solution.
davep
Check out this thread:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=332048
hellsbend
thanks for the heads-up on the Pelican thread, it had some good data there. I haven't fired this engine up yet so I don't know what the temps will be be like, but I've owned a ton of air-suckers and they all ran hot here in our 110 degree summers and big hills, I doubt this one will be any different so I'm kind of thinking more cooling the better. It sounds like the 245 mm 11 blade 930 w/straight tips and a 1.67:1 ratio is the way to go, even if it is a bit noisy. Phil
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.