Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 sighting in the snowy Chicago 'burbs!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BigDBass
So I was sitting at a light on the way home from picking Maddie up from daycare, when a flat bad tow truck crossed the intersection with 2 cars on the bed. In the back was an old Jaguar, and in front of it was a real honest to goodness 914!

In the 5 or 10 seconds I had a view, all I could tell was that it was Gemini Blue Metallic or some similar silvery grayish blue, and had some sort of mag wheels that were mostly silver with gold in the center part.

It was the first 914 I've seen in my 'hood in 8 or so years! clap56.gif
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Feb 27 2007, 07:30 AM) *

So I was sitting at a light on the way home from picking Maddie up from daycare, when a flat bad tow truck crossed the intersection with 2 cars on the bed. In the back was an old Jaguar, and in front of it was a real honest to goodness 914!

In the 5 or 10 seconds I had a view, all I could tell was that it was Gemini Blue Metallic or some similar silvery grayish blue, and had some sort of mag wheels that were mostly silver with gold in the center part.

It was the first 914 I've seen in my 'hood in 8 or so years! clap56.gif

Hi Dan.

Hey that is kinda cool. But what a crazy guy drives a 914 in this salty frozen crap? These are the cars we wind up restoring.
BigDBass
It was on the flatbed, so it was only partly crazy! smile.gif
AZ914
Hey Dan.. HIJACK! which south 'burb are you in? I grew up in Homewood.. went to Homewood-Flossmoor, etc.
BigDBass
I live in Oak Lawn, grew up in Evergreen Park (and briefly in Oak Forest and Pittsburgh PA).

Hmm, most of my memories of HF revolve around a couple girls, a band I was in, and a kick ass record store that I don't remember the name of!
ChrisPaegelow
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Feb 27 2007, 11:21 AM) *

Hey Dan.. HIJACK! which south 'burb are you in? I grew up in Homewood.. went to Homewood-Flossmoor, etc.

That's crazy, my mom grew up in Homewood, and I THINK she went to Homewood-Flossmoor!
GeorgeRud
There's another 914 1.8 in Oak Park that belongs to a long time PCA member Jim Kutill. It is yellow (of course), and they live about a block east of Poor Phil's just south of the L tracks. You are right though, most of us have our babies tucked away till spring.
AZ914
Small world guys! Yes, I remember the record store, I think on Dixie Hwy, downtown. New & used stuff. I can't remember the name either... its been 20 years!
dbrossi
Makes me afraid to post a new topic about what the going recommendation is for Porsches in the winter (besides not driving them beer.gif ) or if I've even picked the wrong model to obsess about confused24.gif
bd1308
QUOTE(dbrossi @ Feb 27 2007, 05:00 PM) *

Makes me afraid to post a new topic about what the going recommendation is for Porsches in the winter (besides not driving them beer.gif ) or if I've even picked the wrong model to obsess about confused24.gif

I drive mine daily smile.gif

britt.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.