Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake fittings from line to caliper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dflesburg
My calipers came but there seems to be no fittings.... from 911 SC rear.

Just a threaded hole where a hardline might go.

SS Brake lines from Pel parts look to be female on both ends

What to do?

What size fitting?

Where to get two?

Help please.

blink.gif
Aaron Cox
yes, the ss soft lines are female/female.

you need to go buy some brake line and fab up a small hardline to connect the caliper to the soft line....

BTW - where can someone get the banjo bolts and fittings for a caliper?
whats the thread on a caliper and line?
John
agree.gif

Go to your FLAPS (friendly local auto parts store) and buy some brake lines. It is European metric bubble flared brake line. Any short piece of 914 hard brake line would be a good sample. Take your caliper with you and make sure it fits.

I took a short section of brake line with a fitting on it when I went. Unfortunately, the line I found locally has a different size hex on the fittings so that doesn't match the rest of the fittings on the car, but they work out just fine.

All the calipers have a stub of hard brake line entering them. The hard line then attaches to the flexible brake hose (double female ends).

Good luck to you.

And get that car done. And how was the PW derby? We need pics.
dflesburg
No pics from the pinewood derby. We got second this year in the den. Last year we got first overall. Some years you win, some you don't. Some people never win, so for winning some trophey's Alex is grateful.

Would love to get my car done.

Currently finishing the ebrakes. That is late at night work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.