Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT, Ford Crew Diesel 1/4 video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
All I have to say is WOW blink.gif

http://www.olypen.com/bulldog/movies.html/F350Run.wmv
Brad Roberts
The guy in the RX7 had NO clue on what to do (he rolled into and out of the staging lights 2-3 times)..

Granted.. the F350 was fast.. 11 second truck is awesome...

The RX7 would have turned a high 14 second quarter anyway (nonturbo)

B
Ferg
Do you think he had it in 4 wheel, seems like that much power to just the rears and you get no traction. Anyhow story has is that is put's 900hp to the ground!
TimT
I have a F250 with the 6.0 powerstroke diesel. I have surprised more than one person in a stoplight drag LOL

MDB2.gif
Brad Roberts
He had it in 4 wheel. Probaly has lockers on front and rear also.

We had several Dodge diesel trucks running low 12's in North Texas laying down 1000lb ft of torque.

B
Aaron Cox
i was at a drag race, and some dodge truck was stickin it to the nova's and chevelles! some guy shoe-horned a 426 hemi into a jeep.... lowered it and tubbed it out. burnout.gif
Bruce Allert
was that a stock truck? ohmy.gif
Kargeek
I did a project for a Ford conversion company and I had use of a F250 Super Duty with the 6.0 powerstroke six speed auto and the power train is awesome. 325HP- 560 lbs of torque below 2000 RPM. The engine in these trucks are so under stressed you can chip them and add 1/3 more HP and torque with no problem. It was an amazing 3 tons of fun. I am going to buy one next year for towing. DH
Brad Roberts
Yep. I spent 2 days driving a Ford Excursion that was chipped... CRAZY fast and got better mileage than a stock one.

B
Mueller
I want a diesel now !!!

I've towed my 914 or others a few times in my truck and I thought it did pretty well......until today, i was on Vasco Rd and those damn steep grades zapped my gas powered 5.4 for all it was worth sad.gif

As much as I've always been a Ford truck fan, the GMC similar to Tony C's has got me thinking !?!?!?
Kargeek
Go test the 6.0 diesel. All the power you need and I was averaging 16MPG with diesel pricing .30 less than gas. I drove the GM duramax and the Ford is the winner.

Happy Thanksgiving! Dave
Joe Bob
Hey Mueller, now that the shine is worn off the new Yukon. The wife let's me tow with it. So.....the 95 crewcab with a chipped powerstroke is available. It's the one Brad and I took to Texas to pick up the tube frame '14 with. We towed a 40 foot trailer with the goose neck style fifth wheel hook up in the bed.

Let me know if interested?
Mueller
Go test the 6.0 diesel

I just got a coupon from my local Ford dealer to come by this weekend and pick up a free Butterball turkey.....

If they have a new 6.0 Diesel, a test drive will sure be in order MDB2.gif

Sorry Zois......for a daily driver I'd want something with a few more creature comforts and a warrenty wink.gif
Joe Bob
It has the facctory autosuck option and monthly playboy babe of the month on the GPS...what else Do you want????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.