Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: shipping a car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sean_v8_914
I know there are people here that know the deal for shiping cars at a reasonable cost so let me hear it. who shipped what to where for how much with what co?
gary gartner
sean, check down the page for "finally got my teener" warrenoliver just completed a similar shipment------
what crime did you comitt for this punishment???? av-943.gif

QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Feb 27 2007, 03:35 PM) *

I know there are people here that know the deal for shiping cars at a reasonable cost so let me hear it. who shipped what to where for how much with what co?

sean_v8_914
I'll be baack!
gary gartner
o k sorry,now I've read your 'moving' thread----I understand mostly--
except for No Wisconsin
Best of luck beer.gif

QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Feb 27 2007, 03:50 PM) *

I'll be baack!

sean_v8_914
I am moving to a place they call "the banana belt" they get less than 24 inches of snow. 1 hr north of Green bay on teh bay
rick 918-S
Check with Joe Sharp.
GWN7
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Feb 27 2007, 04:02 PM) *

I am moving to a place they call "the banana belt" they get less than 24 inches of snow. 1 hr north of Green bay on teh bay

"They" lie ...............or it's less than 24" at a time......... happy11.gif
Bartlett 914
Hi Sean.

Brian Frenz is holding a get together this summer. He is Muckwongo WI. It is a little south of Milwaukee and East a bit. Last year it was pretty good. It is not too far from Green Bay (hopefully not too far away). Maybe you can make it. It would be good to see ya there.
Cruzing
sean, I have a truck and trailer, pay my gas to and fro.. I'll help ya out, be a nice trip anyway.. smile.gif
GaroldShaffer
I sold both my project 911's to guys in CA. One is having the car shipped out there. Just spoke with the shipper last night. They will pick up the car this Friday. I will get you the name and such and post here. The guy that bought my 911 ships cars all the time.
iamchappy
Mike Z had his car shipped fron Wi. to Ca. last year, find out who he used.
sean_v8_914
do you guys make a post here for teh Frenz gathering? I already mentioned it to Sue. the event is now on our official schedule
736conver
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Mar 1 2007, 12:40 PM) *

do you guys make a post here for teh Frenz gathering? I already mentioned it to Sue. the event is now on our official schedule

Here the post for the gathering at my place.
Frenz gathering
I am not sure who mike used for transporting my old 3.2 car but they are about the same. Prices for an open transport were around 800 to 1200 if I remember correct.
sean_v8_914
a 914 world member has kindly offered to do a road trip with me to drop off one of the cars. we figure it will cost about $750 in gas ,plus food and lodging should max out at a grand $1000

Sue and I are looking foward to meeting all the mid western teener crew. I might even bring 2 cars if get another driver. Sue does not drive stick...yet
doper
you might want to wait a week or so ... as I sit here looking out my office window its still snowing like mad ... my buddy that lives in the Banana Belt got 24 " yesterday ... those that told you they only get 24" a year lied ... I ride my snowmobile in that area from november thru may ... this will be a complete culture shock for someone from CA .... Oh and welcome to WI ... first rule: by lots of beer so when your house bound in a snow storm you have something else to do. beer3.gif beer.gif av-943.gif smoke.gif drunk.gif
sean_v8_914
the car hauling trip is planned for the END of April. will teh roads be more reasonable by then?
Menomenee only got about 3 inches of new snow so far while green bay and even as close as Peshtigo got several feet. they have about 2 ft on the ground
sean_v8_914
PS. I might be lying to myself since I have already pulled the trigger on the move
736conver
Usually by April the snow is gone. My birthday is in april and very seldom do I remember there being snow around. It has snowed a couple of times, but nothing major.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.