Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-4 color engine wiring diagram
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
racerx9146
Hello

I created this color 914-4 D-jet engine wiring diagram about 15 years ago. Thought it might help somebody out.

Click Here!

I had sent the source files to Andy before the web site drama started so he could post it on the club site but things got wierd.

The original source files are Quark Express and Adobe Illustrator. Created on Macintosh Platform. If there are any budding Graphics Arts folks who would like to continue this work and give it to the 914world site I would be happy to send the source files.

thanks John

pin31
Great job on the drawing !! I was starting to do the same thing (Haynes manual diagram update) in MS Visio.

Do you have the drawing in a compatiable format (.dwg etc..)?

Thanks!
johannes
Amazing job ! ... wow ! clap56.gif
LowGT
Sweet, I need this to de-code the hack wiring in my V8 car. smilie_pokal.gif Thanks!
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(racerx9146 @ Feb 28 2007, 09:37 AM) *

Hello

I created this color 914-4 D-jet engine wiring diagram about 15 years ago. Thought it might help somebody out.

Click Here!

I had sent the source files to Andy before the web site drama started so he could post it on the club site but things got wierd.

The original source files are Quark Express and Adobe Illustrator. Created on Macintosh Platform. If there are any budding Graphics Arts folks who would like to continue this work and give it to the 914world site I would be happy to send the source files.

thanks John

That is a great drawing. You really must have put a lot work in it. Thanks for sharing it with us. Is there a chance I can get it in Adobe illustrator format? I am a PC user so I don't know if it has to be saved in a PC format of if a Mac format will open on a PC.
41ghost
fantastic!!!! thanks
SirAndy

awh craps, sorry that slipped through the cracks when all the drama went down ...

i'll put it up in the "info" section, i promise ...
beerchug.gif Andy
racerx9146
I am glad everyone finds it useful. Just double check the critical stuff. The info was compiled from several sources and actually checking cars that were available to me. That does not mean there are not errors. I did try to keep them to a minimum. Course back then I used to party quite a bit beer3.gif

Anyhow, let me try to explain the file formats so everybody can understand the complexity of changing/modifying it.

This was done in the late 80's early 90's on a high end Macintosh Workstation. The graphics are vector drawings saved in EPS format and placed in Quark Express layout program. The text is done on the layout program. I no longer have a Macintosh or have access to current versions of this software. I am now a Windows IT geek.

I believe you could open the file on Windows equivalent software but the fonts do not convert well and there will be substantial work to reformat all the text nicely.

I had to call in a favor from a old Graphics friend to open the file on a new Apple workstation with a current version of Quark Express and export to a JPG. We also exported to a PDF but the resolution seemed low.

So if someone lives in the Mac world with the correct software, or lives in the Windows world with Quark and Adobe and is willing to spend the time converting the drawing and then donating the files back to the 914 world community PM me and we can talk.

I dont want anybody trying to make money off it. Its for the good the folks here trying to keep their cars running well!

The only other alternative would be use the JPG as a background and redraw in Visio or CAD or something that is more universal and exports better.

thanks John

racerx9146
no problem Andy! you had your hands full. John

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 28 2007, 03:55 PM) *

awh craps, sorry that slipped through the cracks when all the drama went down ...

i'll put it up in the "info" section, i promise ...
beerchug.gif Andy

SirAndy

The original source files are Quark Express and Adobe Illustrator.

what version of QuarkXPress was used for the files?
i have both 4.0 and 5.0 for the PC and neither could open your files.

however, the Illustrator EPS files opened just fine in my Illustrator CSII (PC) ...
smile.gif Andy
Dave_Darling
Hey, John! Did you snail-mail me an early copy of that? I remember someone sending one to me and asking for feedback. If that was you, I really like the way you dealt with the different years!! Great solution to the problem.

--DD
racerx9146
Hey Dave

Yeah that was a long time ago, one of the old forums in a galaxy far far away... when we where just all damn grateful we could get online with a 28,8 baud modem.....

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Feb 28 2007, 07:41 PM) *

Hey, John! Did you snail-mail me an early copy of that? I remember someone sending one to me and asking for feedback. If that was you, I really like the way you dealt with the different years!! Great solution to the problem.

--DD

burton73
I have all the QuarkXPress going back to the start to the 6.0 Passport for Mac. Plus almost any Mac program if help is needed on the Mac side.

Bob Burton
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.