Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Want to borrow: 2L exhaust, SF Bay Area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Demick
Hi

I am looking to borrow a 2L exhaust (early style) for a couple of weeks. I'm running Laguna Seca on March 12 and they have fairly severe noise restrictions. I believe my car will be fine, but just on the off chance that I'm over the limit, I'd like to have a quieter exhaust on hand to switch over to. Stock or Bursch or something similar would be fine. I already have a source where I could remove one from a friends car if needed, but I figured some of you probably have them just sitting around loose already. More than likely it won't get used - I just want to be prepared.

I live in Pleasanton, work in Sunnyvale - so the closest people to either of those locations is preferred.

Thanks in advance!
Demick
Heeltoe914
I have what you wont if someone is coming from SoCal thay can bring it up for you. If you find one up thier that would be cool to.
DanT
Demick,
for the event is the limit 90 or 92db. I would be really surprised if your car bumps the meter at Laguna...
your running SSIs with an aftermarket turbo style muffler, correct?

If all else fails stay left at the exit of turn 5 and stay there until you get about 50yds past the sound booth.
Or only go past the booth in a group of cars since they can't single cars out of a group.

Demick
Dan

Yes, SSI's with a Flowmaster muffler. It tends to be fairly loud. I just have no idea how loud 92db is (I think the limit for that day is 92) or how close I might be to it.

I'm probably being overly cautious, I just don't want to get sidelined for noise.

Heeltoe914: thanks for the offer - but definitely way too much trouble to transport up and back from SoCal.

Demick
DanT
Demick,
for comparison sake...Trekkor was at 87db his last event at Laguna.
I am not sure if that was with the Monza or the glasspack stingers.
but at least something to compare to.
I dont think your car is as loud as Treks 6 (with carbs) with the Monza.

I used to run my 2.7RS motored 6 with twin pipe sport (gutted) muffler at Laguna and stayed below 92db.

I know how you feel since you have never been there before.

We have folks with Bursch mufflers run Laguna with no problems also.
Demick
Thanks. 92db would be a whole lot louder than Trek's 87. I don't know how my car would compare to his, but my flowmaster is much louder than it was with a Monza that I used to have years ago.

Anyway, I'm 95% sure I will have no problems. I'll probably get a 90deg pipe to turn my exhaust toward the drivers side just for good measure.

I really should just get a quieter exhaust. I don't love the loudness of what I have now.

Demick
Martin Baker
Demick ,

Which run group are you in? See you there...

Martin
Martin Baker
ppickerell
Demick,
I have a DB meter at the shop.
Patrick
Demick
Martin

That would be great! Is it currently off the car? I know it's easy to remove, but I don't really want you to have to remove it (and then reinstall it afterward) if you don't have to.

I signed up in the intermediate run group on Monday. But I haven't heard back or gotten any sort of confirmation yet. Now the event is waitlisted so hopefully I am registered.

Patrick: Thanks for the offer. Only problem is how accurate the meter is with respect to the Laguna meter and the conditions (walls, trees, etc can make sizable differences). So I don't know if doing a side-of-the-road test would be all that useful. I'll let you know if I decide to try it out. Thanks.

Demick
Martin Baker
Not on the car...its actually for sale. Includes the valance as well. I signed and am confirmed for novice. I have some work to get done in the next 12 days....including trailer brake controller and some stuff to the car...
DanT
Demick, the meter at Laguna is at least 50 feet off the track to the right .
no walls, trees or other things around the area between 5 and 6 going up the hill and under the entrance road bridge.

Mueller
I have a Bursch for the 2.0....I had it sold, but I don;t know if he still needs or wants it since he dropped the motor this past weekend to install a V8...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.