Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outside Mirrors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mjz4
Looking to confirm that the outside chrome mirror on the '72 matches the one on a '73. Thanks.
degreeoff
all the same
mjz4
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Feb 28 2007, 12:36 PM) *

all the same

Thanks.....
Eric_Shea
Nope. They are not the same. There is a small 3-5mm size difference.

I was just on the phone with Martin last week about this discussing the convex options.

He had the measurements... which reminds me, I need to go measure mine and see what I've got.
736conver
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Feb 28 2007, 02:36 PM) *

all the same

They are not all the same. There are two different sizes.

72 and 73 might be the same,I dont know the years that it was changed.

Edit update
72-76 should be the same, although early 72's might not. It depends when the change happened.

They are both the same width, the 72-76 is a little taller.
vertigo
I found that the mirror off my '74 parts car is just a tiny bit bigger that the stock '73. This actually worked out well as it went on passenger door and being a bit bigger helps the view.
Martin Baker
Here is how they differ....top, early cars, 70, 71. bottom, the rest. I think the pedastle is different on the early cars as well. (angle of the mirror).
mjz4
I appreciate all the info. I just p/u a mirror off a '72 for the passenger side of my '73 1.7. It's the last thing I need to complete the car which is currently having the 34 year old black paint redone. She's a beauty 23k original miles. I can't wait for the snow to melt....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.