Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 V8 Beast on the track at Pueblo, CO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
byndbad914
Here is a short vid of a warm-up lap at Pueblo my friends shot of my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GVOCwK1ViM

Starts out fresh off the trailer before I put the wing and splitter on. Then I run it up to 7K in the back stretch but I am not really on it yet. This was part of the 2nd lap of a 3 lap warmup, and the front stretch you hear me shift to 4th at about 125mph then hold it there to let the Stang by.

For reference to power, my buddy's turbo'd 16V stoker Volvo hit right at 100mph using the whole 1/4-mile straight whereas I putted through T10 and just ran it up to 5500rpm (~125mph) and shifted to fourth before I saw the Stang and let him by at about 1/2-way down the straight.

and then me coming in - car was idling at 2000rpm there because I had it adjusted up trying to keep it running on warmup. Still sounds good IMO but much better at 1300rpm with the big cam lope...

Didn't get any good vid of me really on it as after checking the lugs and so forth, I headed out and the Crane ignition died on the 2nd lap

Warning - two spots have very loud external noise, one at the beginning when I drag my jack back to the car and another when I am on the back straight, turn the sound down a little as a truck passes right in front of them with a trailer that rattles very loud
TROJANMAN
This might make your car faster poke.gif

biggrin.gif

how did you like pueblo?
I'll send you a list of dates for PCA DE's. We got them to make an exception to allow non-porsche powered cars in last year. If you're interested...........smile.gif
Aaron Cox
sounds like scary fun smile.gif
Rand
Every time I hear that sound I reconsider a v8 transplant.
andys
Can't wait to see more video!!!

Andys
Dr. Roger
man oh man.... i'd love to see that car run with wreckless abandon! =-)

great to follow your progress thread and finally see her in action.

alpha434
Harris has competition? ? ?

WHAT?!?!?
byndbad914
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Feb 28 2007, 03:15 PM) *

This might make your car faster poke.gif

biggrin.gif

chairfall.gif I knew someone would have to make the comment about the ghetto paintjob. Need to paint it yellow again - I hear that is the fastest color on the forums. Then I could easily feel confident to take it to 160mph+. I keep it looking like that so when it breaks, everyone was already expecting it av-943.gif

how did you like pueblo?
I'll send you a list of dates for PCA DE's. We got them to make an exception to allow non-porsche powered cars in last year. If you're interested...........smile.gif

Pueblo was fun - it is no Willow Springs tho'. I really miss that track because it is banked in the corners and super fast. BUT, that said Pueblo will be a great local track to shake the car down (safer to break at 80mph in a turn than 145mph in T8 at Willow) and run some events.

Feel free to send me a list of the DEs - I may be down for those depending on scheduling. I don't really know what goes into a DE... I have just run club events and the all-out mayhem known as open track days.

There was only 5 or 6 cars out there last Thursday - that made it very nice to have a pretty much open track, safe event. I walked around and met all the other drivers before heading out on the track to talk to them, let them know I was shaking and would wave them by when passing was safe in the corners, etc. Good group of guys out there.

Harris has competition? ? ?

WHAT?!?!?

hard to say - that car (if it is the one I think it is, dark green tube car with 5-link rear like mine more or less) has some serious HP v. my car and a lot more track time to tune it. I have the sway bar completely out of mine right now for instance.
alpha434
It's not a tube car.

Learn to turn. Get good in traffic.

That's how you beat Harris. It's been done before. His car is strictly a straightaway performer. Everything else he's done to it is only to eliminate everything else as a variable. The straightaway is where he wins.
LvSteveH
My wife said, "That's a $50,000 914??? I'd buy a Cayman!" av-943.gif

I have a tube frame V8 914 too, she just has no idea how much money I have in it laugh.gif
rhodyguy
what is the trick to down load off youtube?

k
rhodyguy

k
byndbad914
QUOTE(LvSteveH @ Feb 28 2007, 11:02 PM) *

My wife said, "That's a $50,000 914??? I'd buy a Cayman!" av-943.gif

I have a tube frame V8 914 too, she just has no idea how much money I have in it laugh.gif

Yeah, but can a Cayman make that sound and come in at 5lbs/HP for $50K? happy11.gif That is my story and I am sticking to it chairfall.gif

To be honest, I don't think you can download a file, only upload a file by joining. I wish you could download - I would have a Seagate drive full of music vids by now aktion035.gif biggrin.gif My friend has the footage, so even I don't have the file yet sad.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 1 2007, 10:50 AM) *

k

the trick is to only ask once
av-943.gif
TROJANMAN

k

The trick is to only ask once
av-943.gif
rick 918-S
Flash player? WTF.gif No worky confused24.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Mar 1 2007, 03:24 PM) *

k

The trick is to only ask once
av-943.gif

Get Firefox, then download the plugin Download Helper. It lets you save all embedded video and video from sites like youtube and google video.
drive-ability
That car must be fun to drive, we all want to get on the throttle a bit but WOW! I guess it's now in the testing stages, the engine sounds great! You have put a lot of time in this car and its now showing. Great to see it running.
byndbad914
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Mar 1 2007, 05:03 PM) *

Get Firefox, then download the plugin Download Helper. It lets you save all embedded video and video from sites like youtube and google video.

you might need a simple flv file player too - I don't have Flash and didn't want that big program, so found a simple player online for download - FLV Player 1.3.3

http://www.download.com/FLV-Player/3000-2139_4-10467081.html

Rick - maybe you need to download this player or something? I would think if you open YouTube it would be automatically playing in their site tho'.
byndbad914
buddy added a little more footage he had missed on the first edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk-ITFmcgNo

Right near the beginning it adds some footage right after I pulled on the track to start my first warmup lap. they come up and I wave them around - you can see a bit more of the car on the track as they pass around it. the rest of the footage after that section is the same as before.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.