Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 TPS core
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
I'm going to re-etch many 2.0 TPS's and need a core.

b
bd1308
Just to clarify, this is a CORE, one that is broken but still visible so I can trace the etches for me to start prototyping these boards.
TJB/914
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Feb 28 2007, 07:08 PM) *

Just to clarify, this is a CORE, one that is broken but still visible so I can trace the etches for me to start prototyping these boards.

bd1308

So I understand?? Your going to do what to the 2.0 TPS Throttle Positioning switch?
A picture of a few spares I have (inside pic) if needed, trade or ??

T
bd1308
That little track there wears out, right?

**ONLY** reason they need to be replaced.

I have L-Jet now (very soon to be megasquirt) but I wanna help out by making mew boards from scratch.

Design a board, etch it and make the lines how they're supposed to be.

it looks riveted in doesnt it?
sean_v8_914
I wonder if etched proto boards will hold up to teh constant wiper arm abrasion. we had a hard time doing any re-work on etched boards
TJB/914
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Feb 28 2007, 07:40 PM) *

QUOTE(bd1308 @ Feb 28 2007, 07:08 PM) *

bd1308

So I understand?? Your going to do what to the 2.0 TPS Throttle Positioning switch?
A picture of a few spares I have (inside pic) if needed, trade or ??

T

Here's the back side of the TPS. I'll have to dig it out & investigate, looks like it's riveted.

T
bd1308
if the original is NLA, whats the alternative?

if the proto board work well, then I could get nice ones made.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Mar 1 2007, 12:43 PM) *

if the original is NLA, whats the alternative?

if the proto board work well, then I could get nice ones made.

i would be a buyer! maybe a nice easy do it yourself kit with rivets as well and instructions. Send some glossies and we will put it in the upcoming catalog!
bd1308
well i need a core first, i sold my new tps a couple years ago
rick 918-S
George, Send Britt a core. He's a good kid. He'll treat you right.
Katmanken
Not sure if this will work for this application, but one of the Vanagon tricks is to move the board slightly to expose an unworn area to wipe on.

This is frequently done if you have the Vanagon D-Jet version of the L-jet, and might work for the 1.8 914 L-jet guys too

I did it and it worked great for the Vanagon, but I can't tell what wipes what in the pic.

Ken
bd1308
The 1.8 L-jet uses a two position sensor, only contacts that close are one at WOT and one for IDLE.

Completly different than D-Jet ones.

The trick you're referring to is teh L-Jet wiper trick I believe. That works very well, but the issue here is the gold traces actually smearing over several tracks.

Apparently a pencil eraser will remove **SOME** of the traces of gold particles making random contact.

That's why one gets the bucking at part throttle, the wiper is on one section, and the gold particles make intermittent contact with the other track next to it.

I think its an alternating thing--ABABABABABABABABAB for 20 positions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.