Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT Mania
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomburdge
I know many of you are anxiously awaitig the online chat with R Meaney and Steve Limbert.

The #19 car has a terrific pedigree and its great that are willing to share and perpetuate its wonderful history with you all.

In addition you also might like to know that the #5 1971 Daytona winning GT was recently put on display at the Saratoga Auto Museum just off the NY Thruway.

Bob Bailey one of the winning drivers back in 1971,also happens to be the chairman of the museum and he asked if I would lend them the car for display.

I of course said yes so now the car is proudly displayed and it will be there a while.

So if you live in the northeast or will be visiting the area in the near future I'd like to extend an invitation to you to stop and see the car.

Since taking ownership of the car I have continued with my efforts to bring it back as close as possible to its 1971 racing condition.We still have some work to do,but if you want to see and touch a real"factory built" GT with its own rather significant pedigree now is your chance.

If you have any questions or need further information please let me know.

Regards,
Tom Burdge
Eric_Shea
Very cool Tom!

I hope someone with a digital camera takes you up on the offer.

I would be great to have yourself, Bob and Jacque come chat with the club. wink.gif
ppickerell
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 28 2007, 06:38 PM) *

Very cool Tom!

I hope someone with a digital camera takes you up on the offer.

I would be great to have yourself, Bob and Jacque come chat with the club. wink.gif

I'll be in New York in June, will it still be there?
smg914
Thats fabulous Tom. I wish I was closer because I would love to be there to see your car. I saw your car at the Hershey Parade and it is one beautiful GT. I didn't know that Gary sold the car. I often wondered why Pat sold his to Ed and then Ed sells it to Steve. These cars are so rare and so difficult to find, why would someone sell such an exclusive car? I doubt these guys were hurting for money so it must be something else. But anyway, congratulations on owning such a fine car with such a wonderful racing history.
Chris Pincetich
smilie_pokal.gif
I'd love to make a trip out - how long is it scheduled to be on display?
Yeah, I'm eating up all this old racing history and really appreciate the contributions you and your peers are making to this web-based community. I am a late 1973 model year, so mine and half of the 914s are older than me. Not that it matters, just wanted to say that your efforts to keep the 914 heritage alive are defintely working here beerchug.gif
driving.gif
TJB/914
Tom Burdge,

Welcome to the garage. Your car is at the top of the 914 food chain & we are happy you found us. Thanks for letting us know where this rare piece of history is located.

I am looking forward to seeing it at a future event. Does it look like this pic?

Tom
tomburdge
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Mar 1 2007, 12:15 PM) *

Tom Burdge,

Welcome to the garage. Your car is at the top of the 914 food chain & we are happy you found us. Thanks for letting us know where this rare piece of history is located.

I am looking forward to seeing it at a future event. Does it look like this pic?

Tom

Thanks for your kind words.

Your picture is of the Brumos cars @ Daytona.My guess is Rennsport11.

I didn't own the car at that time and it was not at that event.

Rest assured you will be able to see it at most of the significant events in the future.I'm now trying to get it into the Montery Historics.

Hope tp see you in the future.

Regards,
Tom Burdge[u]

tomburdge
QUOTE(smg914 @ Feb 28 2007, 08:15 PM) *

Thats fabulous Tom. I wish I was closer because I would love to be there to see your car. I saw your car at the Hershey Parade and it is one beautiful GT. I didn't know that Gary sold the car. I often wondered why Pat sold his to Ed and then Ed sells it to Steve. These cars are so rare and so difficult to find, why would someone sell such an exclusive car? I doubt these guys were hurting for money so it must be something else. But anyway, congratulations on owning such a fine car with such a wonderful racing history.

As you may or may not know Gary passed away about a year ago.

Before his demise Garys health was very poor and he no longer could enjoy the car the way he wanted.

We had befriended one another years ago and his fondness for me allowed me the opportunity to purchase the car when it "became time".

I kinda consider myself just a steward of this wonderful piece of Porsche racing history.When it becomes my time to sell it I hope to find someone equally passionate.

Thanks for your interest and hope to see you sometime in the future.

Regards,
tom Burdge

Allan
QUOTE(tomburdge @ Mar 1 2007, 03:45 PM) *

Rest assured you will be able to see it at most of the significant events in the future.Regards,
Tom Burdge[u]

WCR '07? biggrin.gif
smg914
That's beautiful Tom. I didn't know that Gary passed away but it sounds to me like Gary passed the car on to the right person. I feel a similar honor and privilege to do the same with the "Strenger GT" that I recently acquired.
Mueller
Wow, I didn't know you had that car as well...you sir are a very humble person to not have mentioned it all those times that we spoke smile.gif

URY914
Here it is...
kenschipper
I've always loved the look of those Minilite wheels. Anyone know of a source for them. It appears that Minilite no longer makes anything near the looks of these. (In fact does anyone know the size and backset/offset). Others have mentioned SuperLite? but they don't appear to have anything that matches.

Ken Schipper
nein14
real Minilites are impossible to find! I looked for 10 yrs. at Hershey and a dozen other Swap Meets as well as every classified site.

Finally got a pair of 15 x 8 with the Porsche correct inserts for the lugnuts a lot of $$$ Good luck smile.gif
smg914
A picture I took at the Hershey Parade.
URY914
Steve,
I like my picture better. biggrin.gif

I didn't know Gary W. was gone. I spoke to him several years ago at the Sebring PCA Club race. This was about 1998. I gave him a hand changing the engine on Saturday night. He was working on his back in the dirt in the dark.

Paul

smg914
[quote name='URY914' date='Mar 2 2007, 07:50 AM' post='869735']
Steve,

Yes those port-a-johns in the background really add something to your picture LOL
URY914
[quote name='smg914' date='Mar 2 2007, 07:59 AM' post='869742']
Steve,

Yes those port-a-johns in the background really add something to your picture LOL
[/quote]

Yea, like the glare on the windshields of your shot rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Now girls... slap.gif biggrin.gif
smg914
[quote name='URY914' date='Mar 2 2007, 08:16 AM' post='869749']
[quote name='smg914' date='Mar 2 2007, 07:59 AM' post='869742']
Steve,

[/quote]

Yea, like the glare on the windshields of your shot rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
[/quote]

What happened to the left front fender in your shot? Those instamatics are difficult to use I guess.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.