Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 SCCA F production on ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kart54
There is what looks like a vary nice F production 914 on ebay. The ad claims it is an 8 time national SCCA F production champion. Name on the side of the car says its owned by Ray Anderson. Anybody know this car?

The car is shown being raced at Texas Motor Speedway and Mid Ohio, It's really cheap right now. A little over $3,000.00 last time I checked.

Curious to know the car's history.

I don't know how to link but the item number is 26009015889.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Randy
"Car 54 Here I Am" G production SCCA 914
Eric_Shea
Missing an 8

Here's the link:

Clicky Clicky
URY914
It may have RACED FOR the Nat'l Champ. at Mid Ohio but it never won it. laugh.gif
kart54
Thanks guys. I knew somebody would be able to link to it. I recognize the blue 914 with the yellow roll cage in the one picture. The owner of that car used to be on this list.
Hope somebody can fill us in with the history of this car.
Randy
kart54
Very interesting to google the name. Ray Anderson apparently is an instructor and also worked for Bruton Smith at Texas Motor Speedway. Was competitor of the year in the Nebraska region of the SCCA in 2005.
Also found another link I'm going to post here and in the Paddock area. Several people have asked about Robert Kirby's scca winning 914 of a year or two ago. this link will take you to a site dedicated to it. It was the dark colored 2 or 22 that some of you asked about. I knew Bob and the car when it was on the west coast.
go to www.giantkirbyracing.com and you can get the whole story.
Randy
ppickerell
QUOTE(kart54 @ Feb 28 2007, 06:47 PM) *

Very interesting to google the name. Ray Anderson apparently is an instructor and also worked for Bruton Smith at Texas Motor Speedway. Was competitor of the year in the Nebraska region of the SCCA in 2005.
Also found another link I'm going to post here and in the Paddock area. Several people have asked about Robert Kirby's scca winning 914 of a year or two ago. this link will take you to a site dedicated to it. It was the dark colored 2 or 22 that some of you asked about. I knew Bob and the car when it was on the west coast.
go to www.giantkirbyracing.com and you can get the whole story.
Randy

I am interested till about $10K but I bet it pulls close to it's buyitnow.
smontanaro
I'm certainly no racer, but it seems odd the description talks about the two transmissions and is mum on the condition of the engine.

Skip
ChrisFoley
I know the car somewhat, and I know Ray.
Anyone who entered my broken bumper raffle after the '05 Runoffs donated to Bruton Smith's Speedway Children's Charity.
I'm guessing the car has no engine based on the buyitnow price. They were asking $25K a couple years ago.
The car never won a national championship but was probably divisional champ 8 times. My Tangerine car is faster. wink.gif
jr91472
The "DC Racing" badge on the rear fenders is from Dan Cashman here in DFW. I know him some as he has worked on my car in past (long ago). Great guy and I know he has been running a SCCA car for some years (not driving, though).

I think I remember seeing that car in the run offs the year that Eric Madsen did so well.

that's all I got.... confused24.gif

Jake Raby
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Mar 1 2007, 06:16 AM) *

My Tangerine car is faster. wink.gif

Yep, all the MassIVe powered production cars were faster that year.....

He must have heard we were almost done with our F prod car and decided to go ahead and give up now :-0

Bleyseng
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 28 2007, 06:30 PM) *

Missing an 8

don't you mean 8 championships?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.