Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: # 22 F production SCCA 914 of Bob Kirby
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
kart54
I was checking out the name on a F prod. 914 being sold on ebay (#260090158889) and found a site dedicated to Bob Kirby and the winningest 914 of all time. This car was campaigned for over 20 years by Bob Kirby and Mark Hotchkiss won the runoffs with it just a couple of years ago.
The site is www.giantkirbyracing.com. enjoy.
Randy
"Car 54 Here I Am" G production 914 SCCA Cal Club
ChrisFoley
Thanks for posting this Randy!
The '05 Runoffs was a special event for the 914.
SirAndy
hot link ...
http://www.giantkirbyracing.com/

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
kart54
Hi Andy,
Thanks for the help.

Chris, If you go to the runoff's pictures you'll see yourself and the 06 on ebay in the background. The one shot your 21st and he's 24th.

I found it interesting the Mr. Kirby and Elliot Forbes-Robinson apparently raced together and were good friends over the years.

Randy
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(kart54 @ Mar 1 2007, 08:54 PM) *

Chris, If you go to the runoff's pictures you'll see yourself and the 06 on ebay in the background. The one shot your 21st and he's 24th.

Just behind me is the pink and black CRX that ran into the back of my car in the next corner. mad.gif
The following year's National Champion Miata (red and black) was only a couple rows ahead of me.
He actually balked me (going into the carousel) on what would have been a great qualifying lap on Wednesday. I never had another good lap that week. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.