Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh air fan housing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
Trying to get the fan housing out of the front trunk. Have removed the 2 10mm bolts from the side. Removed the 6 slide on clips from the front. I know there is a cable connection under there somewhere. Is there only 1 cable? What else has to come off to get this out? Electrical connection somewhere?
I remember from my other 914's, once the 6 slide on clips were removed, the front cover (the piece with the Behr printed on it) would seperate from the bottom housing. This 74 doesnt seem to seperate. Are these pieces glued together? Don't want to pry on it with a screwdriver because it will break.
Thanks for all the tips / help.
solex
It is a little difficult but the gasket is really pressed up against the grill this is what you are fighting.

There are two bolts and one nut at the bottom and only one cable connection to control the air flow.

You should not have to remove the clips, and it may be difficult to separate the top and bottom as they tend to get welded together.
McMark
agree.gif don't separate them.
EJP914
QUOTE(solex @ Feb 28 2007, 07:46 PM) *

It is a little difficult but the gasket is really pressed up against the grill this is what you are fighting.

There are two bolts and one nut at the bottom and only one cable connection to control the air flow.

You should not have to remove the clips, and it may be difficult to separate the top and bottom as they tend to get welded together.

Is this bottom nut accessible from the front or do you get at it from the side? Is the nut attached to a stud that is welded to the sheetmetal. Thanks for the tip on not seperating the housing. Appreciate your help!
McMark
I only know of the two on the side that are holding it in. I don't remember a bottom one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.