Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine/trans & Car Cradle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
greybeard50
I have not seen any discussion about this topic & would appreciate any discussion on strategy. The car is a 1976 912E with the Type 4/915 combo. It has not run for 6 years & I want to pull the mot/trans out & go thru it. I will need some sort of cradle to drop it into so that I can wheel it around by myself. Also, I plan to leave the car raised up so I can get to the brakes/bearings/gas line/etc that need a good look. My garage is small & I will have to share it through the week with my wife's car, so I want to be able to wheel it out to work on it. Have any of you built such an animal? Pics? TIA...And a big thanks to the Forum for a place to post such a question biggrin.gif
woobn8r
For my 911s we just put the car on stands,and dropped the drivetrain with a floor jack and rolled it out....took about a half hour, give or take a beer!

All this in a suburban 2 car garage....
ahdoman
Motorcycle jack from Sears...$59. You'll need to build a simple wood frame so the engine sits level and is supported but the nice part is once you have it out of the car you can jack it up to work on it. Beats the heck out of working on the ground.
greybeard50
The MC lift is a great idea. Thanks!

How about the car? Anybody put one on a rollaround before?
TROJANMAN
harbor freight has their wheel dollies on sale right now. check 'em out
StratPlayer
I've read some of the reviews on that sears MC lift. I'd be looking for another one, most of the reviews are very bad on that lift.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.