Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What can I expect?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bogaat
What should I expect from a 2 liter FI engine with 60k original miles? I do not think it has been maintained over the last 6 years or had any real overhaul before that. It seems to run well now, but does has a few leaks. I am planning on pulling it apart to replace the seals. I was thinking about bearings, rings, cam, lifters and a little head work as well, but thought I would ask you guys to see if you have any thoughts. Maybe I can get away with not replacing anything but seals? Bad idea? I would like to put some miles on this thing over the next few years. Thanks all!
Bleyseng
I would break it all down and replace the cam and lifters witha Jake cam along with new stock bearings. Thats cheap to do. Heads? have them checked over by Len as they probably have cracks....

Re-ring it and then put it back together and run it.

The Jake cam will cool off the head temps alot over a stock cam.
rhodyguy
1-3k+. dependent on parts, head condition, other machine work, and the amount of work you have to farm out to split the case for a new cam. things add up rather quickly. esp if you make component upgrades *while you're in there*. have you figured out where it's leaking? run a compression and leak down test to determine the engine's weaknesses first.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.