Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just took my car out after a 3 month hiatus.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
My car's been sitting under cover in my heated garage for almost 3 months and we finally got a nice day with the salt washed off the roads. I just had to take it out of it's cacoon and go for a blast. Damn! I almost forgot how much fun it was to drive this thing.

A 914 with gobs of torque if hard to beat! Sorry, just so phsych'd to leave the gloomy freezing ass weather for a day that I just had to share smile.gif

Gratuitous pic:

Click to view attachment
nomore9one4
Very nice ride! Mine should be out very soon aswell. smile.gif
rmital
that pic couldn't have been taken today...not in NJ. But yes, the weather is getting better and after the rain tonight, the Jersey salt should be gone.

Saturday should be a good day for a ride.... driving.gif
turboman808
yeah been driving with the top down the last 2 days. Call me an optimist smile.gif

Like the car except the center exhaust. I know everyone else loves it I am sure. Not my taste.
balljoint
Yeah, I can't wait for May to arrive so I can take my car out for a spin and rub it in for those poor 914 owning bastards who live on the shores of James Bay. smile.gif Nice car.
andys
Great looking car!!

I'm considering the same scheme as your's; Got the same wheels, same flares, sans sail panel, want to do silver, etc.
I checked your blog for more pic's of the finished car, but saw none. Would you mind posting some more pic's?
BTW, what are the outside mirrors?
Andys
roadster fan
The mirrors are late model miata, I have the same ones goin on my car. I think everything about this car is............. right! pray.gif
East coaster
Andys.....Sorry, my log sux. I had intended on putting all my info on the build from the day I bought the car to the present, but I just never got to it.

If there's pics of any particular area or subject you want, let me know. I did post a lot of the pics here, unfortunately they're pretty scattered over various threads and not a single build thread.

**Yup, Miata mirrors.
i love porsche
yeah yeah yeah...rub it in why dont ya...all you NJ people who can actually DRIVE their cars....theyre more fun to push!
Schump
East Coaster,
first of all, I'M JEALOUS!!!!
your car is all kinds of mueba.gif
couple ?'s....

those look like late model 911 17" rims? am i right? what width?

also, is it me or did you retrofit a boxster muffler on your car?
i know they're both center outlet, and the tip looks close to a boxster's stock one, but i can't see it well enough

that and what motor did you replace your 4 with?
(that is, unless u built a 2.7liter 4 4 enough torque!?)
funny, i have an east coast silver 914 as well, but i think i'm going to have to part it out. I rustored it 10 years ago, but didn't keep up with it and parked it summer of 2001, and the jackpoints are TOTALLY missing again, as is the dogleg on the left side and I need new inner rockers as well as a driver's front floorpan.
and a V8
and a roll cage, tubed out to the suspension
and after that, a G50 or 930 gearbox to handle the 2 turbos in intercoolers i'll install...
this is going to be one HELL of a project.... i'm drawing up the budget now, but have to turbocharge my $500 '88 Jetta GLi i just bought from my old racing teammate and will use for GRM's $2007 challenge in october...
beautiful car! i like the look of the "stock flares" as well
maybe i'll have to talk to my mafiosos in NYC and just...uh..i dunno.... ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
then u could take a "long yellowsleep[1].gif " and i would own such a sweet ride!
oh wait... confused24.gif i dunno anyone in the garbage racketeering industry, or any other sort of industry where the boss knows what part of giants stadium hoffa was poured into....
oh well, hope u aren't getting the same downpour we are, but looks like the storm will be out 2 sea by tomorrow...i hope. I have more work to do outside and parts to remove and an engine to get running and such....
East coaster
As far as wheels, yup 2003 911 17" (9" rear, 7" front")

Click to view attachment

The motor is a 1992 3.6 and pretty much stock except for flipping the intake to keep from cutting the trunk and a nice set of 1 3/4" european headers.

Click to view attachment

Just for inspriation to those restoring their cars, I was just reflecting on where my project was this time last year it was a bare rusy tub so there is light at the end of the tunnel driving.gif

andys
QUOTE(East coaster @ Mar 1 2007, 05:06 PM) *

Andys.....Sorry, my log sux. I had intended on putting all my info on the build from the day I bought the car to the present, but I just never got to it.

If there's pics of any particular area or subject you want, let me know. I did post a lot of the pics here, unfortunately they're pretty scattered over various threads and not a single build thread.

**Yup, Miata mirrors.

I was just thinking about some more pic's of the outside of the car; 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 views, or ?

BTW, what code/manufacturer of silver paint did you use?

Thanks again,
Andys
East coaster
I really haven't taken many pics of the finished project (I need to). Here's a couple of shots prior to fitting the bumpers/rocker panels and no windshield, but it gives an idea of what it looks like.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
East coaster
A couple interior shots

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
East coaster
What it looked like about a year ago!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
andys
Yeah, those are the kind of pic's I was thinking of. Nicely done indeed.
Two questions: 1.) Paint code/manufacturer? 2.) What are the seats?

Thanks,
Andys
East coaster
The paint is 2005 Carrera GT silver and I used all Glasurit products. The seats are GTS Lemans and can be had from Craig at Camp914:

http://www.camp914.com/products/bfseats.html

The seats are great, I really love them!
t collins
How did you finish out the trim around the windshield , chrome or rubber seal?
Got a picture of that?
Thanks,
Tom
East coaster
It's a rubber seal I got from someone on the board here. I see it listedon ebay once in a while too. I'm happy with the fit and the look. This is the only pic I have that shows the seal at all.

Click to view attachment
t collins
QUOTE(East coaster @ Mar 2 2007, 04:07 PM) *

It's a rubber seal I got from someone on the board here. I see it listedon ebay once in a while too. I'm happy with the fit and the look. This is the only pic I have that shows the seal at all.

Click to view attachment

I like it, You have helped me decide the way I want my project to look.
Thanks thumb3d.gif
yarin
QUOTE(East coaster @ Mar 2 2007, 11:52 AM) *

Absolutely will kill for that interior, well actually for the entire car. What material did you use for the dash face plate? I'm thinking about covering the dash with something, more of a race application just to cover the skeleton but along those lines.

KickaSS!

Are you going to come out to any NNJR AutoXs? I'll see you there!
East coaster
The dash face material is a countertop laminate I ordered from Lowes (Wilson Art). It's called "brushed stainless" and looks like brushed stainless without the finger print issues. It's very easy to work with, won't scratch very easily and it's easy to keep clean. I've heard some people knock using the laminate, but I think it's perfect for the application. I used a roto-zip to cut the pieces....easy.

I don't have a pic that does it justice since the flash causes a reflection that kills the detail making it look almost white in photos.

Click to view attachment
East coaster
Finally got a half decent pic of the car to post!

Click to view attachment
gopack
ive got a question? what are the mirrors? any issues with mounting as far as the bases are concerned?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.