Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guinea Pig needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
Guinea Pig needed........

the qualifications for this position are as follows:

Must have a licensed and insured 914 that is capable of being driven at highway speeds for at least a couple hours. Hours need not be consecutive.

The above mentioned car must be able to be driven in inclement weather. IE it must have wipers. Heat is optional.

Owner should own or be able to manufacture a rain coat that you would wear while taking the above 914 thru a automatic carwash (garbage bags work for me). Or wear a swimsuit while doing so. (pictures of this event might be required at a future date)

Owner should not be afraid to take their life into own hands while taking the car thru the automatic carwash IE not be afraid of water/drowning .

Must have sufficient mechanical knowledge to install a simple part on their 914 (or have a friend that can). A 4 out of 10 rating project.

Must be willing to install this part in a timely fashion upon receipt.

Must be able to be critique the product on fit, ease of installation and taste (ok taste isn’t really important).

Must actually need this piece for your car.

If you meet the above criteria please post any questions you might have below………………………………............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ or if you have anything funny to say post it too beer.gif

Here’s what I need tested………………
GWN7
If you have to ask what it is.....do not respond to the above....please list your car in the classifieds instead. smile.gif
SirAndy
schweet! smilie_pokal.gif

the holy grail of 914 rubber !!!

send me one and i'll push the car through the parking lot while McMark hoses it down with the garden hose.

i *might* even get a cute girl in a bikini to pose on the hood ...
aktion035.gif pray.gif wub.gif Andy
rjkavanagh
Cool, wish mine was running. Hope all turns out well.
BMITCHELL
O well. I guess I will vounteer. Please send 2 of these in case I screw up while putting it in. I'm glad you stated that the driving time does not have to be consecutive with gas prices such as they are.
bondo
clap56.gif smilie_pokal.gif w00t.gif

Let's just get this out of the way now... Any idea how much they'll cost? biggrin.gif
GWN7
Less than This one
tracks914
Do I hear a group buy coming on???? Should be able to sell like a thousand of those puppies!!!
Aaron Cox
count me as a fall back plan....
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 1 2007, 06:35 PM) *

the holy grail of 914 rubber !!!

Did somebody say rubber?
I think I am qualified rolleyes.gif
'Cause
WooHoo.... just in time, putting Targa seals, *new* glass, wings and all in mine this week... That would be nice for the install... TALK TO ME...!!!!!
highways
I look fabulous in a two piece. wub.gif
Twystd1
OK,

Lets keep this simple. A better test would be to put a 914 on a rotisserie. Turn it upside down. Punch a hole in the floorboards. Fill the car up with a water hose. And see if it leaks through the seals.

Thats the way REAL MEN test stuff.......!!!!!

Z should step up for this.

(Thanks for the idea Aaron)

Clayton
bd1308
Well I drive my 914 daily, I need a seal pretty badly....it's raining too!
dflesburg
This has to be BS.

I did too many drugs as a younger man. I am sure this thread is nothing more than some sort of cruel joke, or a flashback or something.

Please don't toy with what little hope I have left to hang on to.

Good God man! Have mercy on us. We own 914's for christ's sake! We have no heat, many of our cars don't run. We fight rust, mockery and outright cruelty from the women in our lives!

Have a heart and admit you are only teasing us!
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Mar 1 2007, 10:19 PM) *

OK,

Lets keep this simple. A better test would be to put a 914 on a rotisserie. Turn it upside down. Punch a hole in the floorboards. Fill the car up with a water hose. And see if it leaks through the seals.
Clayton

agree.gif av-943.gif however, I might consider the car wash if you could guarantee me a staff of 40 running the hair dryers, on cool, in every nook & cranny for the full 37 hrs. it takes to dry every nook & cranny AND another staff of 40 to wet sand if necessary, clean, polish, wax, detail, armor-all, etc... biggrin.gif
Borderline
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Mar 1 2007, 05:26 PM) *

Must be able to be critique the product on fit, ease of installation and taste (ok taste isn’t really important).

Taste? What's it taste like? Chocolate? I'm in.
mike_the_man
Bruce, my car runs, and you'll save on shipping since it won't have to go down to the States! I think I'm the obvious candidate. Though I won't actually be driving it for at least another month... But I can have it all installed and ready to go for spring.

Way to go Bruce!
Carlitos Way
Kudos to Bruce. I hope you can get this guy manufactured and distributed!!!
messix
no need for a car wash here in the pnw. i'll volunteer, ill even run it thru the car wash but i think I5 would do just as good almost any day biggrin.gif .
Eric_Shea
Pick me... (or at least put me on a list of potential buyers).
jimkelly
what is it ?

all i know is that some of the ones from auto atlanta or was it pelican - cracked very soon after installation at the corners - and that obviously sucks.

any idea on price ??

your criteria should include that all other seals on car are in very good condition : )

jim
So.Cal.914
I don't like black licorice, got any in red? smile.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Mar 1 2007, 10:07 PM) *

Well I drive my 914 daily, I need a seal pretty badly....it's raining too!

So that's why you've been absent..... Nice work Bruce! Hey I vote for Britt! My car is trapped in the storage garage behind a huge pile of snow!
Eric_Shea
Why does Britt get all the free shit? The punk's probably some whacked out multi-millionaire Microsoft exec. (ala. Howard Huges) pinching his pennies with this fake pizza guy rap! confused24.gif

biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
here's the girl for the pic
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 2 2007, 05:07 PM) *

Why does Britt get all the free shit? The punk's probably some whacked out multi-millionaire Microsoft exec. (ala. Howard Huges) pinching his pennies with this fake pizza guy rap! confused24.gif

biggrin.gif

I met him. He's a kid with a passion for his 914. He's not a Micro soft exec. But he will be someday if he wants to. And what's the bitch, you get to live in Utah. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
I met him. He's a kid with a passion for his 914.

He snowed you... he doesn't even own a 914. That was his neighbors car. w00t.gif

Ahhhhhhhhhh Utarrr... 3.2 beer doesn't get any better than this! beer.gif
cooltimes
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Mar 1 2007, 07:26 PM) *

Guinea Pig needed........

the qualifications for this position are as follows:

Must have a licensed and insured 914 that is capable of being driven at highway speeds for at least a couple hours. Hours need not be consecutive.

The above mentioned car must be able to be driven in inclement weather. IE it must have wipers. Heat is optional.

Owner should own or be able to manufacture a rain coat that you would wear while taking the above 914 thru a automatic carwash (garbage bags work for me). Or wear a swimsuit while doing so. (pictures of this event might be required at a future date)

Owner should not be afraid to take their life into own hands while taking the car thru the automatic carwash IE not be afraid of water/drowning .

Must have sufficient mechanical knowledge to install a simple part on their 914 (or have a friend that can). A 4 out of 10 rating project.

Must be willing to install this part in a timely fashion upon receipt.

Must actually need this piece for your car.

If you meet the above criteria please post any questions you might have below………………………………............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ or if you have anything funny to say post it too beer.gif

Here’s what I need tested………………

Nice job Bruce. Looks like urethane. We used that stuff when I worked for Quebecor (Alco Gravure) printing company. Tougher than metal and very pliable and probably outlive the 914.
Looks just like this original windshield top seal I have here which must be the good one as a certain Dr. wanted to buy it from me earlier in some pm. Mine does have metal embedded in it so it must be Porsche rubber. Will yours? I will want $650 buy now Cash whenever I advertise mine on ebay.
I think you should make a small change in it thou, if not other than stamping some type of id on it. Any change to something makes it unique and not a clone of a copyrighted item......... I think.

Mike
Toast
Ohh! Ohhh! Pick Me!
PICK ME!

I qualify! I have a raincoat. I work by a manual And an automatic car wash! My 914 is a daily driver too! And you KNOW that I need that part! wink.gif
Plus, I could have SLITS install it. And im sure his critique would be very informative for you. rolleyes.gif
bd1308
guys, it doesnt matter if im chosen or not.

bruce, as soon as these are available pm me and i'll buy one from you...i'm owed one from XMAS and AA still doesnt have one.
tracks914
I don't know about a car wash right now but I could drive it in a snow storm if it meant reallife testing???
bd1308
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 3 2007, 12:41 PM) *

I met him. He's a kid with a passion for his 914.

He snowed you... he doesn't even own a 914. That was his neighbors car. w00t.gif

Ahhhhhhhhhh Utarrr... 3.2 beer doesn't get any better than this! beer.gif

laugh.gif
'Cause
It would be nice to put in next week or so when I put all this in the car:

IPB Image

all tinted glass...

This could be the next best thing out of Canada since Bags of Milk.. drooley.gif
GWN7
Guys (and gals) all the thanks for this project should go to Brant McClung (tall skinny guy who hangs around in parking lots drinking tequila.....I guess all that time wasted was good for something wink.gif ) for lending me a good one to copy.

Mike, thanks for your concern about copyright but as I understand it (from the lawyer) as long as I don't represent these as genuine Porsche parts I shouldn't have a problem with making replacement parts for a car that is 35 yrs old, no longer made and the parts are no longer available from the original manufacture.

idea.gif I could form a ltd company and call it "Porch Parts" and call them genuine then....but I'm pretty sure I'd get a letter from someone. smile.gif Even if it was from This guy.

sweet picture of the glass.....looks nice..........
r_towle
I would be happy to do the whole test, I need new carpets anyways.

Rich
Allan
I volunteer Ron's brown turd /6.

It'll work because the carwash will cool the motor........ biggrin.gif
dflesburg
you still havent fessed up that this is a pipe dream...
cooltimes
Bruce,
No concern about a copyright. I was praising your product if it was made of urethane and throwing in a plug about how much I was going to ask for my windshield top seal. if and when I put it on Ebay.
Does look like if these cars are going to stay around, others like you will have to produce them since Pcar folks aren't. I am thinking of a real valance but only for my own 914 if I decide to keep it. If they could do, so can we. beerchug.gif
Replying with this post to get away from that big wide format.
John
I meet all the above qualifications and hereby submit my name into the Guinea Pig list.

If chosen, I will install said part on my running/driving 914 and will actually run it through an automatic car wash (against my better judgment, but will do so for a seal).
dflesburg
I know John's car runs. He reminds me all the time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.