Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strip, dip, or blast my doors...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
I have the doors off my car, and all the hardware and seals are off of them.

As I was taking off the seals, I found rust. under the seals, in a place that is hard for me to get into and clear.

I need to stip the doors anyhow, they are the last bits of car that need the paint removed. I figure if I get them either diped or blasted, I'll take care of the rust at the same time.

So which should I do.

Also, is ther any way to get rid of the corrigated metal indise the doors? Does it really leand that much strenth in a wreck that it is worth keeping? If I am going to loose it, now would be the time.

Zach
SirAndy
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 1 2007, 06:38 PM) *

I have the doors off my car, and all the hardware and seals are off of them.

As I was taking off the seals, I found rust. under the seals, in a place that is hard for me to get into and clear.

I need to stip the doors anyhow, they are the last bits of car that need the paint removed. I figure if I get them either diped or blasted, I'll take care of the rust at the same time.

So which should I do.

Also, is ther any way to get rid of the corrigated metal indise the doors? Does it really leand that much strenth in a wreck that it is worth keeping? If I am going to loose it, now would be the time.

Zach

doors are probably easier to blast than to dip. as for the beam, a plasma cutter works well ...

but, unless you got a full cage, it might not be wise to cut the beams. they save lives ...
welder.gif Andy
dflesburg
Dip.
Eric_Shea
Soda blast.
sixnotfour
it might not be wise to cut the beams. they save lives ...

Soda blast.
sww914
I get my wife to strip and dip.
I blast. laugh.gif
db9146
QUOTE(sww914 @ Mar 3 2007, 01:28 AM) *

I blast. laugh.gif

Sure...sure.... Does she know you say things like that? cool.gif

Soda blast.
Katmanken
Dip,

I did my trunk lid and they got the rust out of places that you can't get to any other way- like out of folded over areas.

Ken
dflesburg
I blast.

Yeah right, now if you said girlfriend, I would have believed you...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.