Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koni Sport Strut Cartridges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I have a set of Koni Sport adjustable cartridges for Boge struts. Am I suppose to use the rubber bumper with these WITH/UNDER the dust shield? All parts I'm pulling together for a 5 lug conversion.

Kev
PRS914-6
It's good to use a bumper. If the suspension bottoms out, the bumper will prevent such a hard impact. If your suspension is really lowered, you might want to cut the bumper down some to give you more travel.
Aaron Cox
the bumpstop?

it fits on the rod, under the dust shield. it wont install any other way.

the top of the dustcap is what keeps the shock's rod from going thru the upper mount....
kconway
Ya think the original dust shields on my stock suspension can be used with the 911 Boge struts? Any sources for the bumpstop?
Kev

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Mar 1 2007, 09:06 PM) *

the bumpstop?

the top of the dustcap is what keeps the shock's rod from going thru the upper mount....

Aaron Cox
QUOTE(kconway @ Mar 1 2007, 10:08 PM) *

Ya think the original dust shields on my stock suspension can be used with the 911 Boge struts? Any sources for the bumpstop?
Kev

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Mar 1 2007, 09:06 PM) *

the bumpstop?

yes... your old dustcovers should fit your 911 setup.

new koni's? they come with snubbers/bumpstops.

worst case get the good ones from paragon products.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.