Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice '72 Chrome bumpers-what are they worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Schump
I am unfortunately parting out my '73 914 2.0
ellen has been my daily driver for 6 years and after a rustoration in the summer of 1996 and then following into the fall and some of the next summer (had to pull the motor mount to add metal to it, the battery acid decided to eat it insted of the RR suspenion pickup point, hoo aaah!
it is i thinik too far gone to save again.
i learned soemthing, however.
never buy a car that lived in connecticut most of it's life!
she did me well in PCA track events (if i had to guess, bout 10)
my 10 seconds of fame came at the OG racing time trails at summit point in 1997.
I passed a fat chick in a boxster on race tires coming out of T10!

anyhow, i was wondering what you all thought these bumpers were worth.
I bought a nearly perfect set of '72 chrome bumpers with the rubber toppers at a swap meet after bending my front one (and the f trunk, another swap meet find at the same meet!) looking 4 a parking lot turn in just after 1995 VT Formula SAE competition, prob. the day after we got back from DEE Troit...
i'll post pix soon, just finished polishing them in my basement....
only thing i'm keeping is the rolling chassis and maybe the interior.
and the gear box, for a 914 V8 i'll build in a year or two. hopefully i'll have my perpetual studies degree finished at virginia tech by then (mech engr, also a ski bum, racecar mechanic/engineer/etc in time off...it's only been 12 years since I started!)
Thanks,
Dave beer3.gif
Schump
Here are some pix...I had to downsize them till they were allowed, i got it now....
couple more and i'll check back in the morning...wait...it already is!
ok, by noon then!
thankx
Schump
Schump
Click to view attachment

Hope that helps beer.gif
time 2 yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif yellowsleep[1].gif
c yall 2morrow...i mean later 2day...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.