Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new plug wires from PP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sk8kat1
ok there are the beru brand (25.50) .. and the manacore wires( 51.00)

car is stock '73 2.0 L and has a blue coil....

are the beru cheap crappy wires or are they good quality and teh manecore are just over kill confused24.gif
jgara962
QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Mar 2 2007, 10:22 AM) *

ok there are the beru brand (25.50) .. and the manacore wires( 51.00)

car is stock '73 2.0 L and has a blue coil....

are the beru cheap crappy wires or are they good quality and teh manecore are just over kill confused24.gif

I think I read somewhere that Beru is an OEM supplier. I just got the Magnacore wires and am happy with them other than they are a little long.
SirAndy
QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Mar 2 2007, 10:22 AM) *

beru is what porsche used, if i recall correct ...
smile.gif Andy
SGB
I had trouble with magnacore wires. The plug clip ends, which fit over the that screw on end piece, not threaded end on the plug- did not make secure connection. I would achieve a good connection for a while, then it would stretch out and become difficult to get a very robust "snap" so it created a miss that was pretty annoying. It seems once something goes wrong with the combustion process it creates a domino effect- like a bad plug wire, which fouled the spark plug so that I could not tell when the plug wire prob was fixed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.