Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: coil ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
sk8kat1
ok I just bought an engine from a car w/ an orginal 60 K on it so it has teh orginal black coil that is still in functioning condition an for the most part in overall good condition .. is this an item of interest to anyone other wise it is being replaced w/ a blue coil and the old black one is either on a shelf on in the rubbish bin

Johny Blackstain
I have no idea if I'm right or wrong but I'd stash it, get a blue one & spray paint it flat black. Run w/ that one all the time & if you enter a show swap out the coil w/ the original.

cool_shades.gif
Pat Garvey
I put a "blue" on my 914 when it was a year old, in'73. Motor seemed to idle smoother & peak better. But that could be me as a 26 year old punk, trying to convince myself that the blue coil was better. Looked better, too.

Still have the old blue, as well as the original (since painted red - don't ask). if anything, i'd have to say that it's lasted well. Bought a replacement blue 10 years ago & it's still on the shelf - right next to my asbestos brakes! (4 sets, too).

I would go with the blue until/if it breaks. Amazingly, they're still cheap today!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.