Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chat room?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
steve@ottosvenice.com
Maybe we should use a chat room to talk about the Classic
rick 918-S
Late nights work for me. How do we rent a privete chat room?
Brad Roberts
I have a chat room we can use on my server.

Let me see if I can connect to it. We used it A LOT in the past.

B
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I really hope this limited access site is the correct place to bring this up, if it,s not please remove!
Some time ago Jeff Bowlsby in a E-mail to me hinted
very strongly that he was very upset at the way Charlie handled the sponsors items at the dinner at MUSR. we don,t want to make the same mistake. I my opion they should be treated like the major assit they are. Jeff,please jump in here. Dave smilie_flagge6.gif
seanery
I agree here, and I think anyone who was at the ramble will agree, too. Sponsors were like an afterthought, if that. I saw no signs, banners, placards or anything with the sponsors names, etc.
JeffBowlsby
You know, I wasn't upset to the point I wanted to start throwing things, just majorly disappointed.

From the other posts I read from Pam et al....I really dont think they intended it to be that way...it just was not well planned...organized or simply fell through the cracks. You know...stuff like that happens and its unlikely that it wil happen again for the MUSR.

So we cant let that same circumstance happen for this event. Vendors are a very important element and their involvement is important to the success of the meet. There is a balance though and we should strive to not make this event a walking talking commercial...with an 'autoatlanta AX' and 'free sodas' brought to you by Doc N Cys....
rick 918-S
any more thought on the chat room thing. We need to have a meeting to define our path. We've been everywhere from having a dynamic 914 only event to having a group event with others, to needing an insurable identity, to who knows where.

My other suggestion would be to start voting on the what we would like to see happen. We have too fluid of a forum now. Lots of idea's flowing with no decisions being made. As you all can tell, I don't work well that way. I like to hash things out and get on with it. A voting forum will clearly define what type of venue we will ultimately need.

It seems the AX is the real diffecult issue here. The rest can be done anywhere.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.