Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Art Zapf wiring diagrams
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
I purchased a copy from Art Zapf some time ago. I think my copy is still in a box I haven't unpacked yet.

Does anyone have a scanned copy they can send me?

many thanks,
Rusty

P.S. Art does great work... if you haven't purchased a copy of his wiring diagrams and want them, do the right thing and send him the 30 bucks or whatever. He put lots of work into them.
DEC
PM me your email address
Rusty
Thanks! smile.gif
kconway
Hey, I use to work with an Art Zapf at Boeing who use to race a 914. Wonder if its the same guy. He's in SoCal...???
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Mar 3 2007, 07:22 AM) *

I purchased a copy from Art Zapf some time ago. I think my copy is still in a box I haven't unpacked yet.

Does anyone have a scanned copy they can send me?

many thanks,
Rusty

P.S. Art does great work... if you haven't purchased a copy of his wiring diagrams and want them, do the right thing and send him the 30 bucks or whatever. He put lots of work into them.

I thought it was in the glove box of your six? It was the last time I was in Kansas helping you with the carbs.....
Rusty
Only half. Mine came on two fold-out sheets. I'm sure the second sheet is in a box I haven't gotten to yet. Hopefully, I can start playing with the tach wiring, including the new ballast tomorrow. Motiviation is pretty low these days.

Thanks again, Wilco!! wavey.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Mar 3 2007, 10:42 AM) *

Only half. Mine came on two fold-out sheets. I'm sure the second sheet is in a box I haven't gotten to yet. Hopefully, I can start playing with the tach wiring, including the new ballast tomorrow. Motiviation is pretty low these days.

Thanks again, Wilco!! wavey.gif

I knew that my memory is not completely gone....

BTW.. I need your address at your new place.

Rusty
PM sent.

Gonna go have a glass of wine and get some sleep.
IronHillRestorations
Since Art Zapf's wiring diagram wiring diagram is his intellectual property wouldn't it be illegal to scan it an pass it around???
Rusty
I concur, Perry. I don't want people to "pass it around".

That's why I was very specific saying that I purchased a legal copy directly from Art, but can't find it. Other people (like Clay) can attest to it. I should have scanned it myself as a backup.

I don't want anyone to rip off Art's (or anyone else's) work.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(9146986 @ Mar 3 2007, 11:03 AM) *

Since Art Zapf's wiring diagram wiring diagram is his intellectual property wouldn't it be illegal to scan it an pass it around???

In this case, I don't think that would be a problem. Lawrence already bought a copy.

kconway
Turns out I do work with Art, and had a conversation today about availability of his diagrams. He confirmed he is out of color but has B&W for $15. He's looking for a new printer but did say the cost would probably go up.

He asked me to pass on his phone # 626-614-8030 where he can be reached in the evenings. If he gets enough interest, he'll probably move out on finding a new printer.

Kev
Aaron Cox
small world huh!
Rusty
It's a very small world.

It sounds like Art is doing well. I've never met the guy.. but someday. smile.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
kconway
Yes, very small world.

I've known Art since the late 80's and knew he raced 914's back then. This was before my renewed interest in 914's so I couldn't care less at the time. Funny thing is I'm a electrical wire harness engineer and he is a mechanical engineer and we worked on the same project. Can't figure out why he never mentioned he was doing schematics??? Thats my job!

Kev
ThinAir
I missed this when it was first posted and just now found it while looking for the diagrams of major circuits that someone put together awhile back.

So can anyone post a small sample of one of Art's diagrams? I'm just wondering what makes them desirable compared to the color diagrams available at Pelican. I'm happy to support folks who provide stuff for our cars, but I'd just like to understand why I would want this.
jd74914
IIRC its the only color 914/6 diagram.
McMark
agree.gif with Ernie.

I'm clueless here. How about a 10% size version just to show us WTF ya'llz is talkin' 'bout. tooth.gif
kconway
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Sep 29 2007, 11:54 AM) *

I missed this when it was first posted and just now found it while looking for the diagrams of major circuits that someone put together awhile back.

So can anyone post a small sample of one of Art's diagrams? I'm just wondering what makes them desirable compared to the color diagrams available at Pelican. I'm happy to support folks who provide stuff for our cars, but I'd just like to understand why I would want this.

Art no longer does these and is out of the color diagrams. Says he lost his printer and couldn't find another competetively priced.
Dave_Darling
The short version:

You know that crappy B&W 914-6 wiring diagram that we have at Pelican? That's the factory diagram--the only factory Six diagram.

Have you ever wished for a full-color diagram for the Six, like the four-cylinder diagrams on Pelican? Art Zapf made one, and it's very nice.

--DD
IronHillRestorations
Since this thread started, I purchased a couple copies from Art, color (maybe the last one) and b/w. Art is out of the 914 thing, and from our conversation I don't think he's got a big problem with allowing scans of his stuff, but whoever scans it should speak with him first and get his OK.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.