Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can Koni's be rebuilt?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I have cheap original shocks on (off while restoring) my car.
Can Konis on ebaythese be rebuilt or am I further ahead to buy all new???

Dibbs??
Tx
majkos
That set won't work for you if you have stock front suspenion.
Thoses Frt. Koni's will not fit.

For what it's worth, I've "heard" they can be rebuilt,simply send back to Koni's planrs.

Like I said, I've "Heard" it,
Is it confirm or 'Busted'!
Borderline
I don't know if that photo is correct. the two shocks on the left are for the rear with the plate for the coil springs. The other two don't look like strut inserts!! If you send the shocks off to Koni for rebuild it can get expensive. Also the orange shocks aren't externally adjustable.
tracks914
Thanks for the replies. I leave them alone.
Actually come to think of it the front ones don't look like 914 shocks at all.
Joe Ricard
Just buy some sports and be done wih it.
914Sixer
The two at the left are for the 914. The two at the right are for a 911. Yes, you can go to the Koni web site, click on services and print off a form to have them rebuilt here in the USA. It is possible to have them revalved to different specs. The price is reasonable.
Van914
Doug,
Call Jason at Paragon Products. For the price and hassle of rebuild you can get new.
Van914
orange914
QUOTE(Van914 @ Mar 4 2007, 06:43 AM) *

Doug,
Call Jason at Paragon Products. For the price and hassle of rebuild you can get new.
Van914

does any one know a sorce to get a seal kit? i have a set apart now. an oil leak over time made the top of the stroke unrestricted "bouncy?". gotta get her on the road for the west coast driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.