Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how tough is it to add fog lights to a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
How tough is it to add fog lights to a 914 that didn't come with them? I do have a wiring harness ( two wires coming out of the front bumper area on the passenger side). That is all I got.
Bleyseng
its easy peasy to do. First order the CAMP914 ones as they are real driving lites.
The stock ones are like two flashlites on your dumper and do nothing.
SirAndy
if you got the wiring, you should be good to go. some of the early cars didn't have the wires. they're a pain to retrofit ...

smile.gif Andy
scotty b
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 3 2007, 01:41 PM) *

its easy peasy to do. First order the CAMP914 ones as they are real driving lites.

can't the stock bulbs simply be replaced with something more modern?? I have 3 decent sets of O.E. lights that I would like to use, but definitely want good lighting.
So.Cal.914
My 72 had all the wiring, all I had to do is put in a switch ( wires were there) and

install the lights and plug it in. Not a problem sence. Come to think of it my

71 also had the wiring.

Joe Ricard
my 70 car had the wiring white with yellow stripe also had the wires under the dash just hook up the swith.

I upgraded to 100w bulbs and used the relay for main power.
YOU COULD COOK THE DEER BEFORE YOU HIT IT.
SirAndy
my '70 /4 did *not* have the wiring ...

all good now that i have a '74 main wiring harness in the car ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 3 2007, 05:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 3 2007, 01:41 PM) *

can't the stock bulbs simply be replaced with something more modern?? I have 3 decent sets of O.E. lights that I would like to use, but definitely want good lighting.

Wes Hildreth makes a kit to put halogen bulbs in the factory lights. If you need one, contact Rich Johnson at a914guy@aol.com

Bleyseng
[quote name='ClayPerrine' date='Mar 3 2007, 04:32 PM' post='870255']
cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 3 2007, 05:22 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[quote name='Bleyseng' post='870208' date='Mar 3 2007, 01:41 PM']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wes Hildreth makes a kit to put halogen bulbs in the factory lights. If you need one, contact Rich Johnson at a914guy@aol.com
[/quote]

I tried that and it was two flashlite power instead of one...big deal. The pilots really work well as they have a driving lite mirror instead of the fog lite. The pilots also have new glass covers instead of pitted oem ones. headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.