Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Used to be dunkels......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Click to view attachment
Joe Bob
So no one is going?
Crazyhippy
I'll be throwing money @ the suspension for my car...

you taking the burb, or a fun car down?
biosurfer1
darn, i'll be in Simi Valley that saturday, but its still 83 miles away from G-Ma's house...too far for how much driving i have to do next week
Crazyhippy
You can probably bum a ride from Slimy Valley if you want out from behind the wheel...

BJH
biosurfer1
i'll post if i change my mind..but 5 hours to SLO tomorrow, 2 more to Simi on Wednesday, 5 more to Laughlin Thursday, 5 back to Simi on saturday, and 7 more back to Sac to look forard to after that will have me just about burned out
burton73
I am really sorry I am going to miss this. I have to go to a Housewares show and man the booth in Chicago with the hot model. The last time I went I needed parts and came back with the parts I wanted.

Bob

JoeSharp
WHAT????

At what ever cost to my self I will make ever effort to make this event and the L.A. Lit Show......
Crazyhippy
I'll push ya around if needed Joe... as long as i can stack parts on ya biggrin.gif

BJH
ClayPerrine
CRAP!!!!

This is 2 years running where I have been in Chino the day before this event!

I will be out there all week, and I fly home Sat afternoon. headbang.gif headbang.gif

bernbomb914
I will look for you there
Bernie
KaptKaos
I hope to be there. Depends on a few things, but it's looking good.
BAM
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 3 2007, 09:14 PM) *

So no one is going?

Hi Mike,

I posted some info last week on this event:

So-Cal event 3/10-3/11

My brother and I will see you there.

Joe Bob
Is anyone going and getting a booth in the swap meet?
xitspd
Mike, I am going to try and make it. Having some of that glow in the dark Chemo in the middle of the week. mad.gif
Hope to see you there.

Dan
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 3 2007, 09:14 PM) *

So no one is going?

I'll be at all three events. The literature show on Saturday, then drive down to the European Collectibles open house that afternoon, then the swap meet on Sunday which I believe is right next to European Collectibles. See you all there.
Elliot
Aaron Cox
finals weekend.. blegh
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Mar 3 2007, 11:09 PM) *

I'll push ya around if needed Joe... as long as i can stack parts on ya biggrin.gif

BJH

I had the same operation, before hand I bought an old elect cart. A Guards red

paint job and badges front and rear ( Stuttgart ft- 914 r ). Used it at the Long

Beach GP last year...it was great

Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Mar 4 2007, 06:37 PM) *

finals weekend.. blegh

How much longer are you gonna use that bullshit excuse? blink.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 4 2007, 11:58 AM) *

Is anyone going and getting a booth in the swap meet?

At 40 bucks for a 10x10 ft space, they can kiss my sweet bippy ..........................
For comparison, spaces at the GAF are 40 bucks (at the gate) 35 bucks in advance, for a 20x20 ft space. That's FOUR times the space for the money. Partsheaven is even cheaper. Be a LONG time before I line the pockets of the 356 registry, the 912 registry, or the R Gruppe. Count me stayin at home ....................... The Cap'n
Joe Bob
Hey, Krusty...welcome back.

Didn't realize the square footage was only 100 versus 400....kinda cheesy.
Brando
I'm not going... Not worth spending $20 and taking a sunday off of work.
brer
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Mar 4 2007, 06:37 PM) *

finals weekend.. blegh

second that motion.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 4 2007, 10:11 PM) *

Hey, Krusty...welcome back.

Didn't realize the square footage was only 100 versus 400....kinda cheesy.

I agree. I think the venue is a lot smaller than those other swap meets. You would think they might adjust the cost of a space though. $20 might have been a bit more fair. Sorry you won't make it Capn. Between that and some confusion about the location for the swap meet, (Long Beach Vets., Orange County Fair Grounds etc.) I wonder how successful this event will be? Too bad someone can't talk the Dunkels into holding it at their place again.

Elliot
Joe Bob
I emailed both of the contacts in the flyer....McNulty replied back with 30x15......
skline
I might take a walk over there if I am not working just to look around. It is so close to me I could save on parking smile.gif
jim_hoyland
I'm planing on going; pretty close too.
kconway
Thought this should be back on top...hope to be going to this one.
Kev
Elliot Cannon
I drove past Dunkels new place today on the way to see Joe Sharp at the hospital and it is freekin HEEEEUUUGE! I wish we could talk them into having it at their place again. They sure got the room for it.
Cheers, Elliot
PS Joe is doing great.
Brando
When the hell did Joe get into the hospital and how come I just heard about it now? surgery again?
jim_hoyland
How big is the Babcock site ? Isn't that area pretty tight ?
Crazyhippy
Since i'm a CSOB (and not driving the teener down, so i have room for parts) Do i still have to pay $20 for parking?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Mar 8 2007, 07:16 PM) *

Since i'm a CSOB (and not driving the teener down, so i have room for parts) Do i still have to pay $20 for parking?

In past years at Vet Stadium, there was a $20 fee to park "inside" and show your car/ You should be able to park free on the surrounding Costa Mesa Streets--from my experience. Be advised, there is a fair amount of theft in the area.
Twystd1
Also be advised that this site is across the street from the Main Police station.

Don't drink and drive.

C
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Mar 8 2007, 07:46 PM) *

Also be advised that this site is across the street from the Main Police station.

Don't drink and drive.

C
\
I'm a little confused on the exact location...
Directions say you go west on 17th to Babcck and turn left; how far West of Placentia is Babcock ?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 8 2007, 07:54 PM) *

Don't drink and drive.

C
\
Directions say you go west on 17th to Babcck and turn left; how far West of Placentia is Babcock ?

Drove by the site, it's the very first left past Placentia. Looks like a big area.The west side faces Monrovia. Looks like an old school site that is being demo'd.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 9 2007, 02:29 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 8 2007, 07:54 PM) *

Don't drink and drive.

C
\

Drove by the site, it's the very first left past Placentia. Looks like a big area.The west side faces Monrovia. Looks like an old school site that is being demo'd.

Probably ass deep in asbestos.... blink.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 5 2007, 06:27 AM) *

I emailed both of the contacts in the flyer....McNulty replied back with 30x15......

Copied here is an e-mail from the guy they told me is in charge of the space allocation. I inquired the day it appeared on the various lists, and this e-mail is from a day or 2 later.

"John,
Each 10'X10' vendor space is $60.00, make a check out to the Porsche 356 Club, 727 North 4th St, El Cajon, Ca 92019. Once I receive the check I will send you an email conformation and space number. As a vendor you will be able to set up the day before between 3:00 and 6:00 PM. Also you can go to the club web site bulletin board go to ( events) for the latest info and updates.
Bob Lee
Porsche 356 Club VP"

Again, they can kiss my ............

The Cap'n
Brando
... Again?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.