Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Prototypes & Archetypes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
Whenever I read books about the 914, the authors always mention some designs that preceded the 914 from the same firm that did the body design. I don't know if these were rough sketches, or what. I sure would like to see what these proto-teeners looked like. Some go so far as to say that one design was actually shown at a car show or fair, and that the actual 914 didn't come out as good as the sketches. If anyone has a scan or any info on this, please post.
JeffBowlsby
Thomas, look for the thread on VIN 004 under Classic Threads in this BBS. This is a real car and we will see alot more of it in the near future.

Prepare to be amazed.

There are also some prototype photos on my 'collectibles' website at the link below.
machina
here is what I have, always save interesting pictures. Don't know the source though.

dr
machina
and...
machina
machina
machina
SirAndy
btw. those last 3 pics show a 1:5 clay model that was used as a design study.
SirAndy
oh, and also, on the original dual-headlight design, you had a grill similar to the fog-light grill where one headlight was visible when the lights were down, so you could flash your highbeams without having to raise the lights...

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.