Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More Proof that People are stupid.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
Come home last night, went and checked on my car. (engine out... etc). all was well in engineless porsche land

wake up this am.... amber chunks of plastic by my car....

someone destroyed the left euro tail light on my car.

no body damage... just a broken tail. (kid on bike? football? )

I hate people. Leave a note for pete sake. come ring my door bell. How do people not understand courtesy and respect and responsibility?

Anyone have a left euro lens for less than a first born? i have trade material too..
LowGT
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Mar 4 2007, 01:42 PM) *

someone destroyed the left euro tail light on my car.

That seems to be the one that gets it too. My left euro tail light was also destroyed. However, the amber portion survived with one small crack. I was going to try piecing the US inner to the euro outer. idea.gif
scotty b
Sorry to hear that Aa. Unfortunately stupidity isn't the problem it's either carelessness or meanness. Stupidity may be inherited but human decency is taught and it seems more and more it is rarely taught. mad.gif
Grelber
Dan: I've got a singleton driver's side euro that you can have. It's not perfect, but it would beat trying to piece something together.

edit: whoops, sorry. I just went out and checked it, and it's a passenger side lense.
Allan
That bites... mad.gif
LowGT
QUOTE(Grelber @ Mar 4 2007, 01:57 PM) *

edit: whoops, sorry. I just went out and checked it, and it's a passenger side lense.

Damn, but it does support my theory that the driver lense always gets busted. biggrin.gif
bondo
I might consider trading a drivers side euro lens for some cookie cutters... smile.gif
Johny Blackstain
I'm sorry to say it's funny how history repeats itself... right rear tail light, summer of 76, someone cracked my Dads' while he was parked at work. No note, no nothing. The old man was livid & I went junkyard shopping & picked up a new set for $6.00 for both. I also find it amusing that the second half of my story is not likely to ever repeat itself.

cool_shades.gif
So.Cal.914
I don't think it is stupidity Aaron, they did it without you catching them. I think

it is more about what you mentioned second... respect and responsibility.
brer
never speed or bump your stereo in your own neighborhood.
wink.gif
Elliot Cannon
Oh dude!! Was that YOUR car? (Sorry, bad joke). I hope I never catch anyone vandalizing my car. I don't care about the car so much as I don't want to go to jail.

Elliot
rhodyguy
aa, i'll look thru the crapola today and get back to you.

k
rhodyguy
i have this orphan. slight crazing on the amber but no cracks. did you find one?

k
SLITS
Hmmmmm ..... your deck needs a refinish. dry.gif
rhodyguy
i hate it. avoid Behr brand stain like the plague. didn't get it was a latex based product (more or less paint) until it was down. i'll start pulling up the finish when the temp is consistantly above 50* and go with a penetrating oil. that latex crap is only 2 years old this summer.

k
tdgray
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 6 2007, 04:55 PM) *

i hate it. avoid Behr brand stain like the plague. didn't get it was a latex based product (more or less paint) until it was down. i'll start pulling up the finish when the temp is consistantly above 50* and go with a penetrating oil. that latex crap is only 2 years old this summer.

k

Man... Behr is crap... that is the understatement of the year. I have done my deck twice with that crap in three year. Only been six - eight months and it look like shit again.

I think I am going to go with Flood's 10 Year warantee stuff. 'tis spendy but man do I hate staining the deck mad.gif
rhodyguy
yep $$$$! but add on the removal product and doing it every year(i could have done it last summer, @ 1 year down), the labor involved and frustration...you're ahead of the game. i opted to let the weather work on it one extra winter. seems to have worked.smile.gif

k
GWN7
I did my deck around the pool with Behr also....lifted in a year.......called the manufacture and had the local rep come out.....he told me the deck was too close to the ground and the moisture from the pool pushes the stain up and off the wood.....I could have saved all that money I spent on cedar & stain and just bought preasure treated for 1/2 the money....it works great on fence boards tho
rhodyguy
i missed the "do not apply product on decks close to the ground" warning on the can i guess. phooey!!

k
scotty b
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 6 2007, 01:55 PM) *

k

Sikkens makes a deck stain. Higher priced and a 3 stage process but gaurenteed for 5 years. Good stuff but kind of a pain to use. Sherwin Williams also has one I believe it is called Cuprinol. It too is good, not as hard to deal with as the Sikkens and a lot cheaper.
rhodyguy
i bet the remnants of the 3 stage stuff is a bitch to get off 5 years down the road.

k
Brando
Whatever happened to using pine tar then applying your favorite stain, the finishing it with a coat of shellack?
brer
Use a composite material and forget about staining for the rest of your life.

LowGT
Considering I'm a Valspar chemist I maybe a bit biased but.... I'd recommend Cabots. wink.gif
GWN7
QUOTE(brer @ Mar 7 2007, 09:05 AM) *

Only problem with composites is below 0 and add a dusting of snow they turn into skating rinks........ wheeeeeeeeeeee...........thunk...
Aaron Cox
so can we use decking sealers to protect our tail light lenses from the evil sun and skateboarders? rolleyes.gif LOL
GWN7
How dare you try and get a thread back on subject alfred.gif av-943.gif beerchug.gif
John

agree.gif

I like my TREX deck material. No painting or finishing.

It does get a little slick in the snow, but no more so than the wood that it replaced. They are actually making some now with some more texture to make them even less slippery.

I do have to put something on the kids playhouse though. I'm thinking some sort of waterseal product.
StratPlayer
Penofin Ultra is the best IMHO almost 50 bucks a gallon.
http://www.penofin.com/products_rl.shtml
tdgray
QUOTE(John @ Mar 7 2007, 01:39 PM) *

agree.gif

I like my TREX deck material. No painting or finishing.

It does get a little slick in the snow, but no more so than the wood that it replaced. They are actually making some now with some more texture to make them even less slippery.

I do have to put something on the kids playhouse though. I'm thinking some sort of waterseal product.

That stuff is super spendy though... my deck would have cost 6 to 7 times the price. I did consider it but just couldn't pull the trigger. sad.gif
scotty b
So what is the FURTHEST O.T. discussion that a thread has progressed to? This one must be up there thumb3d.gif
rhodyguy
it's all ron's fault. big A got his part so its open season.

ROBOTS!!!!

just so happens i was going to look into the Cabot product line. Trex decking...my deck is 2x6 cedar pinned with anodized ring shank nails. there's no "just pull up the boards". i'd have to split each board length wise and sawsall every nail. there's 3 of them every 16". no thanks.

k
majkos
WTH?
I check into this to see if Arron still need a rear tailght lens,

and find this!!!!!!!! huh.gif

Whatta you guys on? smoke.gif ?

BTW, I let my deck go,so I could work on my 914 biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.