Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aircooled Radio Show - Hydros exposed!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
For those of you running hydros Jake's radio show las week was pretty informative. They did a good job of explaining the ins and outs of hydro operations BUT... they left one important detail out; blink.gif

If I currently have hydros and I want to go back to solids can I simply split the case, put in a new cam, add the solids, new pushrods and call it a day or does the case have to be specially machined to accomodate hydros? My case is a "GA" Any input? And please don't turn this into a hydro vs. solid bashing thread! chair.gif
Jake Raby
Good point and I DID leave that out (we ran out of time)..

To go from hydro to solids all you need is the new appropriate cam and matching solid lifters as well as new pushrods.. No other changes need to be made to the case, no machining necessary.

I have received dozens of emails about the show, people never look at the differences in the two types of lifters as in depth as we do in the show, thats why most people convert to them- they just don't know...
ahdoman
Thanks for the reply Jake. I had a very indepth converation with a friend of mine this weekend who is the chief mechanic for the LAPD. He indicated that all of your points were extremely valid and raised a couple of others with me as well.
904svo
If people would listen to the show, My what they could learn!
Jake Raby
Thanks guys!
There is so much to be learned from these shows... And such good deals to! This week the product of the week is worth a 500 buck discount!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.