Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Restoration Design
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grelber
I've left 3 messages since last Tuesday at R/D for them to call me about an order I placed online. Haven't heard back. Anyone else having this problem?

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Grelber @ Mar 5 2007, 07:53 AM) *

I've left 3 messages since last Tuesday at R/D for them to call me about an order I placed online. Haven't heard back. Anyone else having this problem?

YUP
Joe Bob
They seem to have that problem on a regular basis. The 356 crowd is ALWAYS bitching about it. Then he answers all his calls and ships all his orders.

It's cyclic.
Grelber
I need my new panels by the 20th, so I hope they get it together soon.
Joe Bob
DO THEY know you have a deadline? They seem to be like another person I know. Get's messages but never returns calls, dissapears for a week, then does catch up.....

BTW...Call George.....or GPR. There are other vendors out there besides Resthome Design.
william harris
This is nothing new. I had the same problem 2 years ago. Car in body shop, parts ordered a couple of months prior, no answers to phone calls for weeks, I had to go to another vendor (AA) and got the parts just in time for the work. I don't care what excuses anybody wants to make, totally unacceptable practice and I would never do business with RD based upon this experience.
1bad914
There is no excuse for this, but they are basically a 1-2 man shop, they are in it most of the time and don't get to the phone much. The shop is very small, one of my employees lives in the town, I'll ask him to see if it is still open.
736conver
BTW...Call George.....or GPR. There are other vendors out there besides Resthome Design

I thought they got their pieces from restoration-design. I suppose they might have supply on hand though.
Grelber
The problem w/ the other guys is price. The panels I want are $405.00 from R/D and over $600.00 elsewhere. I hate paying that extra $$ for the exact same thing.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I am here to beat Dave at GPR and my drum here. (Dave's back is really hurting and he needs to just go ahead and have the operation!!!)

I received a disturbing e mail that no one knows that the two of us have every 914 rust repair panel (and many more) that Restoration Design sells, our prices are very competitive, and that we actually designed all of the panels he sells, except for the floor pans (long story, e mail me for the gory details if you are interested!!).

I really do not know why anyone would even buy from Restoration Design anyway, considering the many many posts I have witnessed that his customer service makes AA service look like the best in the world! (and we all know that that is not true! ( we really DO try here though!!), and Dave's a godsend!!!
Bottom line. Please do not suffer thinking that the sheetmetal you need to repair your 914 is not readily available! Dave at GPR has all of it we have all of it.

Call Dave encourage him to have the operation!
quadracerx
Hi..

I hate being the newbie...but how do you contact Dave at GPR?

Thanks..

Steve
736conver
Call Dave encourage him to have the operation
He is in state of denial right now I think. He knows it hurts and its bad but doesnt want the operation.
Eric_Shea
I'm from E.R. Been there. Met them.

It is a 2 man shop. His business practices are poor. I was also in the same boat as Mr. Harris. Left my body shop sitting with a car in the bay while he dicked around with my order. Cost me money.

I think they should do proper and turn that entire building into a riverside brew pub! beer.gif
Joe Bob
GPR, 800-321-5432, ext 502....Dave is the owner.
736conver
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 5 2007, 12:35 PM) *

GPR, 800-321-5432, ext 502....Dave is the owner.

Nope the extension is 581. He's had voice mail problems for awhile now
Grelber
I just talked to R/D on the phone. He says he's been out sick for the past few days, and is catching up on his return phone calls.
tdgray
Not to dead horse.gif but...

Bill (from RD) is a great guy... he just lacks all business savy in the world. It is not that he does not want to sell you parts he just gets a little off track.

I would never order anything from him that is time-sensitive. That won't fly.

The only way to get anywhere is to call, call, call, call, call and then call some more.

Don't like it... well go pay more elsewhere...bottomline. dry.gif
Joe Owensby
I must have been lucky. Ordered parts two different times from Restoration Designs. Both times, I called and left a detailed message for parts, and received a call back in less than 1 day. Excellent response on delivery of parts, as well as excellent quality of parts. They were a pleasure to do business with for me. Sorry you have had problems. Joe O.
carr914
dr914, You are THE biggest loser on the frickin planet. The fact that you are slinging shit at one of your vendors and questioning people buying from Bill shows you have some major league brass balls. You can say that you really DO try here, but it's just the same old BS. I would rather walk to Michigan through broken glass to buy from Bill before I would deal with you.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 5 2007, 05:22 PM) *

dr914, You are THE biggest loser on the frickin planet. The fact that you are slinging shit at one of your vendors and questioning people buying from Bill shows you have some major league brass balls. You can say that you really DO try here, but it's just the same old BS. I would rather walk to Michigan through broken glass to buy from Bill before I would deal with you.

Here's my comment......"I" have never bought from AA.....I have heard the stories AND have suffered the minmum wage dork abuse from his minions.

George is making an effort.....he DID NOT jump in immediately and say...HEY, I got that.....

The original poster is in a bind....IF George can match the price and help the guy out...where's the harm? It's a community thing......
cantley914
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 5 2007, 06:25 PM) *

Here's my comment......"I" have never bought from AA.....I have heard the stories AND have suffered the minmum wage dork abuse from his minions.

George is making an effort.....he DID NOT jump in immediately and say...HEY, I got that.....

The original poster is in a bind....IF George can match the price and help the guy out...where's the harm? It's a community thing......

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

Long life to the teeners !

Steph
carr914
I understand that the original poster is in a bind and it is unfortunate that Bill's business practice leaves people to think he doesn't care. But, that is the way he has always operated, no excuses, no flunkies making promises they can't keep, etc.
My problem with George on this topic is that he could have simply said that a reminder to the cummunity, that he and Dave at GPR stock all replacement panels. Instead, he gets on his arrogant soapbox to question whether people should buy from RD and to boast how he designed the panels for Bill. Please is he now telling us in his free time he designed the 914 for Porsche.

T.C.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 6 2007, 03:17 AM) *

I understand that the original poster is in a bind and it is unfortunate that Bill's business practice leaves people to think he doesn't care. But, that is the way he has always operated, no excuses, no flunkies making promises they can't keep, etc.
My problem with George on this topic is that he could have simply said that a reminder to the cummunity, that he and Dave at GPR stock all replacement panels. Instead, he gets on his arrogant soapbox to question whether people should buy from RD and to boast how he designed the panels for Bill. Please is he now telling us in his free time he designed the 914 for Porsche.

T.C.

That was Al Gore....along with the internet...
dr914@autoatlanta.com

You really have no idea what happened between Bill and myself T.C, it was bad, and if you knew the whole story, even you, who hate us so much, would be embarrassed over posting such a "bold" statement!
Joe Bob
Personal note.....

George, can ya help out Grelber and are your prices in line with RD on the item he needs?

Admin note....

If this turns into a pissing match, I will advise another admin and WE will close the thread.......
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 6 2007, 08:36 AM) *

Personal note.....

George, can ya help out Grelber and are your prices in line with RD on the item he needs?

Admin note....

If this turns into a pissing match, I will advise another admin and WE will close the thread.......

Yes we can and thank you.
carr914
First, I am sincerely sorry for hijacking this thread, which was to help out Grelber ( I hope everything works out) and I did not intend to start a pissing match. I promise I will not post again to this thread. George, I do want to point out, however, that the word Hate is not a concept I subscribe to. Do I get angry, Yes; am I stubburn, Yes; Do I forget or forgive, not easily, BUT I do not hate.

T.C.
william harris
Given the above I am compelled to stand up for George and AA. When RD left me in a bind, car in body shop and calls to RD went unanswered for more than two weeks - and I mean calling every day, a couple of times, I called AA and spoke with Greg Treadway - he had the parts, in stock, overnighted to the shop - same price and perfect repops - and they are on my car today - along with lots of other AA parts. I have purchased lots of stuff from AA, never had a problem. Sometimes they are pricey - but you get what you pay for. At least they delivered. This slamming of George and AA seems totally uncalled for. My 2 cents. driving.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 5 2007, 09:25 PM) *

I just need to say this.

who are you , and what have you done with Z??
Grelber
Hey, everyone...........read my last post on this thread. I was able to get hold of RD, and he apologized, saying he had been out sick. They have everything I need in stock, and it will be shipped out this week, and arrive in time for my rustoration.

Didn't want this to be a pissing match, just a question if anyone else was having trouble getting hold of RD.

Oh, and BTW, in checking prices, the "other" guys wanted just over $600.00 for the same parts RD is selling me for $405.00. If RD hadn't had the parts, I would have gladly paid the additional $$ to get them (but didn't have to). dry.gif

t collins
QUOTE(Joe Owensby @ Mar 5 2007, 03:25 PM) *

I must have been lucky. Ordered parts two different times from Restoration Designs. Both times, I called and left a detailed message for parts, and received a call back in less than 1 day. Excellent response on delivery of parts, as well as excellent quality of parts. They were a pleasure to do business with for me. Sorry you have had problems. Joe O.

agree.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 6 2007, 02:49 PM) *

QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 5 2007, 09:25 PM) *

I just need to say this.

who are you , and what have you done with Z??

Personal thought:

Well I look at it this way....old George is trying to rehab his company's reputation. I don't think his rep was anything beyond surly, snotty employees and lost warehouses and back orders from hell. He DOES have the rep of being able to find parts that are NLA in most cases.....so until his company steps on their collective winky again, I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt.

A company is only as good as the collective parts....minimum wage weaseldicks can trash yer rep faster'n Anna Nichole goes down on a Billionaire...

I've sold more than 100 cars in 20 years....I'm being personally trashed on a car deal that had engine problems built by the previous owner. The builder was willing to stand behind the work. I provided all the information to the buyer....he chose to hold me responsible. I felt sorry for the guy and refunded his coast to coast shipping costs....he's still busting my balls...despite CA law that all used car sales are final and as-is. Another poster did inspect the car prior to sale and vouched for it. It left here in good running condition.

One car deal and one ding on eBay due to bank error.....beyond the fact that I'm a bit of screwball...I'm honest. George is trying to project that image as well...I don't see anything that says different....

Admin thought:

We don't allow pissing matches....period.
We help posters, we don't pee all over the guy who's offering to help that poster.
We are vendor neutral. We point people in the direction of vendors that have "stuff"....

personal addendum.....

Roy from Motor Meister WILL NOT get the same deal.... sheeplove.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.