Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 On Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rwjames
Does anyone know anything about the Green 914-6 for sale on Ebay? VIN 9140432104.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Porsch...1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like a nice six. Anybody in the Morro Bay, CA area that could perform a PPI on this car?

Thanks
Cap'n Krusty
I'm less than an hour away, and there are a couple of first rate shops within 15 miles. If the guy's willing to have it inspacted for you as a potential buyer, have him call me at (805) 925-1993. The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
Looks like a beauty. Too bad about the side markers. You've got the real deal offering to do a PPI (good to see the Cap'n) wink.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
nice 916 style dash!
Aaron Cox
has a POS fuel pressure regulator.
Eric_Shea
I really don't want to bag on what looks to be a nice car but that price would bother me for "anything" other than a pristine stocker. There's a lot of little things that were done to detract from the top end -6 price-point.

Metal rules though... have the Cap'n check her out.
1970 Neun vierzehn
That VIN is listed on the forum member's 914 list........ idea.gif popcorn[1].gif
smontanaro
Used to be owned by a guy here from Canada. ISTR it took two or three tries on eBay to sell it about six months to a year ago. Google for the VIN to see his info.

Skip
hwgunner
I heard from a friend who has seen the car that it looks way better in the pictures, the paint and fit is apparently not perfect. I also heard that the guy is deep money wise in the car. I also know that the proported engine builder, make sure you see the receipt, is one of the best in the area and has been doin it for a long time indepentently. He is a good 'Guy'.
9146FAN
I noticed the MFI plugs on the heads? I wonder what the story is with the gaps?
Johny Blackstain
I was admiring the car & it's color, that's what my six looked like new I think, when I notice there are no turn signal warts on it. The description also says it has A/C & I don't see a compressor. cool_shades.gif
rwjames
Looks like it is bid up to $17,100 already. It may make it up to his $25K target. Somebody may buy it this time around. Not my favorite 914 color, but it looks nice in the pictures.

Lot of sixes go up for sale on the West coast, but it would be a major inconvenience and expense for me to purchase a car so far away and get it transported to Alabama.

I may hold out in hopes of finding a nice six in the Southeast at a decent price.

Thanks for all your comments and help.

thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.