Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: New Car: 1998 A4 2.8L Quattro
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Spoke
Just picked up this vehicle for my 16 year old daughter. Nice car with lotsa miles (167K) although mechanicals look good. Engine runs nice, tranny ok, rotors, pads look good, new tires, front CV joint boots ok. Owner just changed the timing belt; oil is clean.

One thing though, the car has tinted windows and I don't want them for my newly-driving daughter. At night its like driving in a cave. Can't see a thing out the back when backing up.

Any tricks to removing the tint? It should peel right off, correct?

Spoke

rick 918-S
It may peel off ok but it will leave the water soluable glue on the glass. Simple soap and water disolves the glue. Lots of soap and water, paper towels, Then more washing, then more washing, and then glass cleaner.
BMartin914
IPB Image
Spoke
What about getting tint off of the rear window with the defogger wires? These won't pull off will they?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Spoke @ Mar 6 2007, 06:44 AM) *

What about getting tint off of the rear window with the defogger wires? These won't pull off will they?

No, But don't use the razor blade on the defogger glass or you'll be sorry..
Cap'n Krusty
NEW razor blades. LOTS of NEW razor blades. They develop flaws, and the flaws scratch the glass. BTDT. The Cap'n
911quest
Glad to see that you bought the 2.8 and not the 1.8t the 6 cyl is a much better and durable engine
jd74914
QUOTE(911quest @ Mar 6 2007, 01:02 PM) *

Glad to see that you bought the 2.8 and not the 1.8t the 6 cyl is a much better and durable engine

There isn't quite the tuner support tho. . . but I don't think thats what he's looking for laugh.gif The 1.8t isn't bad if you treat it nicely (ie: let the engine idle for a little before shutting it down)

The car looks nice. Is it manual or auto?
Andyrew
Thats exactly what i've been looking for for months..

2.8's are more reliable, and if your looking for a different sound.. Get yourself a magnaflow muffler and they'll sound like an m3...

I would leave the tint on, it'll keep the interior cool durring the summer, and for a teenager leaving it in a parking lot durring school, the worst thing at the end of the day is burning your butt on the seats and seatbelts..

How much did you pay for it?

Nice looker!

Andrew
dlo914
IPB Image
works really well on removing the sticky residue thumb3d.gif
dlo914
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Mar 6 2007, 11:20 AM) *

QUOTE(911quest @ Mar 6 2007, 01:02 PM) *

There isn't quite the tuner support tho. . . but I don't think thats what he's looking for laugh.gif The 1.8t isn't bad if you treat it nicely (ie: let the engine idle for a little before shutting it down)

The car looks nice. Is it manual or auto?

turbo timer would solve that issue. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.