Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finely legitimate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
woobn8r
Well My '74 914 finally arrived in my driveway yesterday....(during a snowstorm)

Before you ask for pictures, let me tell you that it is -22 C (-36 C with wind chill) right now...that, and my technical computer skills or lack therof means...It's gonna be warm before I take any pictures....

I have been waiting since Dec 26,when I made the deal for this car to come from Boca Raton FL, to Newmarket (north of Toronto, Canada)....but I've been waiting alot longer than that to have a 914....had to get the tail draggers out of my system.

You shoulda seen her spit ,sputter and backfire as this carburetor'd fair weather car got a taste of Canadian Winter...she didn't want to come off the truck and must have been wondering how, after all her years of obvious abuse and severe service that she deserved such a cold home....

This particular car was originally an Arizona car, and along with the brittle cracked interior, the baked multi colour paint and the "not one useable piece of rubber trim" on this car it is as rustfree as anyone could expect a 33year old 914 to be...Thats rare in these parts....she also came with spare doors and fiberglass bumpers.

She's gonna sit for a while while I move to a new house, but come July the dissambly will begin. Parts collection however, is an ongoing thing....I wish the group buys were spread out a wee bit...I already have a fresh 3.2l some big brakes, fuchs, revolutions, spare boxed arms, a console and an IMSA (i might not use) bumper...currently negotiating SC front suspension, rear hubs, stubs, CVs and axels....

At any rate, I feel I belong now...as the teener is in my garage and my name is on the title!

Cheers,

Sean
balljoint
Newmarket? Cool another 914 in the vicinity. Good to hear. smile.gif
Johny Blackstain
Congrats! Holy stromberg.gif , minus 22C!!! You won't need an oil cooler for that 3.2 biggrin.gif . Awaiting pics & thumb3d.gif

cool_shades.gif
Aaron Cox
finely? as opposed to coarsely legitimate? tongue.gif
GWN7
-22....I wish it was that warm...........

Congrats on the new toy smile.gif
PRS914-6
Normally I am a really sympathetic person. However, despite the fruits and nuts, you guys make me appreciate living in California. I went snow skiing yesterday and today........
Click to view attachment
mikerose
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Dam must be a slow day for me to be the first laugh.gif
BMXerror
QUOTE(mikerose @ Mar 6 2007, 12:59 PM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Dam must be a slow day for me to be the first laugh.gif

Don't worry Sean. I'll verbally bitch-slap Mike for ya.. j/k Mike. Sounds like a good find. Also sounds like you've got some serious plans. welcome.png
Mark D.
woobn8r
Mike, I knew it was coming...that's why the early disclaimer.....

Aaron, Finely as in all the details necessary to have a 33 year old car go across the boarder and satisfy Canada's version of the IRS...

Bruce, Id expect that -22 at Portage & Main that you'd be wearing shorts...(I love Winnipeg)

Mark thanks for having my back! Yup lots of work to do here...Got my jackstands all cleaned up and ready to use.

Paul, 72.5 & skiing....I hate you! jk. I was skiing on saturday....balaclave weather....skiid all the way to my car in the parking lot though....
PRS914-6
I didn't mean to imply that it was 72 deg at the slopes but it's only 70 minutes to the ski area from here with great tree skiing.. Last week we had a bunch of snow but it's back to warm again....

Go HERE to see my last few days of skiing:

Ya gotta love California for the weather....
cantley914
smilie_pokal.gif
Congrats and happy to welcome another teener in the area.
Don't forget to post pics.

Good luck with the mods.

Steph beer.gif beer.gif
sww914
If it's too cold, you could move.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.