Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EBay scam. I did no fall for $4100.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
burton73
BE CARFULL GO WITH YOUR FEELINGS AND BE A SPY.
I have 425 positive responses on a lot of buys and never got screwed. It just did not feel right.

I was high bidder on a 1987 PORSCHE 911 901 3.2 CARRERA ENGINE Item Number – 300087105176. I did not feel right sending money to this guy so I looked his address up in Goggle and found a UPS mail box and drop off location there and called on the phone. I asked if this person was the right name for the suite number. After this I figured something stunk. I told him he had to do an escrow or I would not do the deal. I get worried when there email is a Yahoo and he would not take Paypal for the Deposit of $500. Just had a bad feeling. He did not get back to me for 10 hours after auction closed.

Then I got this from EBay: Dear burton73 (burtonplastics@aol.com),

The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 300087105176

Item Title - 1987 PORSCHE 911 901 3.2 CARRERA ENGINE

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller.

It is a sine that I go with my 2.5ss

Bob

Scott Carlberg
Good call Bob.

You know for the $4100 of yours....
you could HAVE my '73 1.7 914 PLUS a "rebate" laugh.gif of $1100.00 clap56.gif clap56.gif

Glad you didn't get screwed out of your money
Eric_Shea
Was his name Eugene Beliarchvikzski???
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(burton73 @ Mar 6 2007, 03:05 PM) *

It is a sine that I go with my 2.5ss

Bob

No kidding! Fix up that 2.5 & make her sing. You'll never regret it & if you do want more power you can sell the 2.5 on eBay as a "legitimate" offer.

cool_shades.gif
burton73
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 6 2007, 12:23 PM) *

Was his name Eugene Beliarchvikzski???

Christopher Schuh
>4742 42nd AVE SW STE 408
>SEATTLE, WA 98116
>United States 206 9338038 UPS /mail box

Did you have trouble?
LvSteveH
All his info and auction history are wiped out of ebay.

He's had several engines on ebay since January well under market value. The 3.2 you bid on actually had a buy it now of $3999 initially and unlike the others he was selling he claimed unknown mileage. There was also a 97 993 3.6L motor with trans and 53k miles for $6800 BIN. At the same time he listed a 3.2L and G50 trans for $4500 BIN. This is all within the last week or so. All engines had excellent leakdown numbers and came with wiring, accessories, and DME. It gave the impression that he was a volume seller and wanted quick and easy transactions.

He had perfect feedback in 61 transactions, but if you look back to the buyers of his other below market value engines that sold back in January, they were both new to ebay and have had no transactions before or since buying his engines. He also had one negative feedback that just popped up in the last few days on a Plasma TV. It sold for $500 and apparently he had refused to honor the auction, presumably because it sold for well under what he thought it was worth.

Anyway, I saw the auctions when they first went up, because I'd drive the 1200 miles to seattle to pick up the 97 3.6 with trans and the 89 3.2L with trans at those prices. I asked him if local pickup and payment in cash was ok. It took several days for him to get back to me, and his response was "sure, if your in Seattle". Obviously he didn't think someone would drive 2400 miles.

I don't know what the deal is, but needless to say I didn't feel confident enough to wager $11,000 on him. It's strange because the feedback was all good, but something just seemed off.

At least we aren't out any money. It just goes to show you, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
GWN7
Receint problems with Ebay
burton73
When I got on the buy it now was gone, but I did see the sale from the week before after. It was strange because it was an 87 with the G50 trans and was a super deal. I thought something might be up. That got me started. He still looked OK but that one bad one .I am lucky I did not get screwed.

Anyway $4100. Is a good price if the Wrecking yards are asking $5,900? The numbers looked good. I hope we get this guys name out there and I hope that other person did not get screwed. A person with a bad Porsche 3.2 engine is in a bad place. He may be in over his head when the wrench tells him it is going to cost him at least $10,000. He looks at EBay and thinks he has the answer. I need to feel safe before I pay my money and I guess I am lucky so far but you have to go with you senses.

Bob

scotty b
Might want to check this one out. Seems legit even though the feedback is a little low confused24.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-911...1QQcmdZViewItem
burton73
I was reading the link from Bruce and it was going over the hackers and what they are doing to eBay listings and I realize that I ran into one of these on Sunday night. My best friend could not believe me that the auction page was hijacked but now I know that is what it was. The time did not change. It was for a 3.2 Engine. It was a listing and on the side of it had a buy it now in a different area for $1,300. Not in the regular place. When you went to click on any area of feedback or any info on the person it took you to his email. It was hijacked. Read the recent problems with eBay from Bruce above and you will see. The guy wanted me to go to a fake escrow. This is his email to me. He sent me two. I knew it was fake but did not say anything to eBay. I guess I should of but I do not know if they follow up. I thought it was so weird. I am sure they make up there own escrow to look real and your money is gone.

Bob

Hi there cafjohn@gmail.com the guy 1st time

Because are a lot of peoples which buy with Buy it Now option via ebay and after change them minds and i lose the ebay fees i didn't used Buy it Now option
So,if you agree to buy my engine then we will make the deal via ebay square trade because will protect both
And if you ready then i'll contact ebay and they will send you a guarantee message in your email address where ebay will guarantee for your money and will inform you how to pay me
Mail me back soon and tell me if you agree
Regards!

cafjohn@gmail.com the guy2nd time
Hi there

i don't accept pay pal and for this we will make the deal via ebay square trade because will protect both
mail me back soon and tell me if you agree and ready
regards!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.