Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Arrival in the Family
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pnambic
Leo (middle name as yet undecided) Anderson was born at 11:00 am this morning.
Weighing in at 7 lbs, 12 oz and 19 in long.

He has a small tear in his lung though and is leaking air into his chest cavity, which is putting outside pressure on his lung making him wheeze for air. The doctors say its not terribly unheard of and they are monitoring him closely. Best case scenario has him in our arms tomorrow sometime. Worst case, they'll have to go and remedy the pressure by hand.

My wife Leah (some of you have met here at FFC's of years past) is having a hard time taking it since she only got to hold him for about a minute in the O.R. before they wheeled him away and she's stuck in bed until 11 pm tonight.

Leah and I would very much appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers.

Thanks
Dr. Roger
many thoughts and a prayer sent your way. =-)

roger
Joe Bob
Sorry to hear that, but congrats on the birth.....sounds like a partial collapsed lung? Easy fix in an adult.....little less so on a newborn. Trust me it will work out.

Mazel Tov....it's a boy.
Johny Blackstain
all the best & hope he gets to drive the teener one day.

cool_shades.gif
twistedstang
best wishes. And congratulations.
Doug Leggins
Congratulations Dan & Leah!!!

Best Wishes! We're hoping that all works out well for you all.
markb
Congrats on the new addition!
Best wishes going out for a quick recovery.
Allan
Congratulations and happy thoughts headed your way...
KaptKaos
Prayers sent.

Joe & Family
johnlush
Good thoughts coming your way!

Oh and Congrats too!!
scotty b
clap56.gif thumb3d.gif
Joe Owensby
Congratulations. Our thoughts and prayers for your newborn and mom. Joe O.
fiid
Congratulations and happy thoughts.... I know how nerve racking it is - our little boy (6 months old now) was in the hospital with RSV in December. Hang in there... it'll work itself out.

DanT
NICU Docs know their stuff....

as long as they know it is there and are treating accordingly all should go well.

Lung herniations can be congenital and often regress and heal on their own as long as intrathoracic (chest pressure) is kept in check.

keep your spirits up....
good size newborn....it really helps

bd1308
Good thoughts and prayers coming your way!
djfamousa
Please get better lil guy. May the Lord bless him.
BMXerror
Well wishes sent your way.
Mark D.
rick 918-S
Congrads to you and Mom. Best thoughts to you and your new family.
draperjojo
Congratulations. My son had the same problem and had to stay a week longer in the hospital than my wife. Now he's a 10 year old fearless snowboarder!
TINCAN914
Prayers sent, and congrats....
burton73
Congratulations on the birth of your son. Prayers and good thoughts are going out for your family. My oldest had the same problem and she is 24 this week.

Bob
Mueller
Congrats and best wishes to the little guy and the proud parents !!!
GaroldShaffer
Dan, congrats. I know everything will be ok. Tell the family that we say hi. Nathan just asked the other day about your boys. He wanted to know when you are moving back so we all can go see the trains again.
elwood-914
Praying that he is a toughie. rolleyes.gif
914rick42
Many congratulations to you and your little family. All will work out.

Rick
JerryP
Congrats on the new addition. Get well quick Leo!
blitZ
Congrats on your new edition. Here's hoping all is well.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
sjhowitson
Our thoughts and Prayers are with your Family. You ad Mom will be holding him in front of Speed TV before you know it. We are lloking forward to pictures. BABIES ROCK !!!

God Bless
Pnambic
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and words. He was upgraded this morning to the premie room where he's still getting the specialized care. Leah was able to try breastfeeding him a couple hours ago and he latched on for a few minutes before deciding he just wanted to take another nap. He has a feeding tube, but is on room air now, not oxygen. His vitals seem to be really good (to my non-medically trained eye).

The nurses mentioned that they thought he was doing well, but that we should try to prepare ourselves to be discharged from the hospital before him. Thats going to be tough. Both of our other kids were 9+ pounders who were both gaining weight before they sent us home 3 or 4 days after birth; both healthy as a horse.

Leah is 1000 times better since getting to hold him and love him up.

Here's a little bit what he looks like:
IPB Image

Click on the pic below for a short clip.

IPB Image
evan
thumb3d.gif Hey a congrats and well wishes from up north!!! As said earlier, the Dr.'s know about it and they can fix it, not to worry. Though that is easier said then done I know. Prayers are with you all three. You'll enjoy that new boy more than the teener till he is old enough to ask for the keys! ha ha.
burton73
A great looking boy!! As hard as it seams your boy will be home with the rest of the family very soon. You can go there and see him in the morning and in the evening. You go there and love him up every day. The best place for him is the NICU this moment. In a day or so the Drs. will tell you when they think he will come home. It should be soon

My first child was 1 1/2 LB and we where they’re ever day twice for 64 days. You are so blessed. Look at the little ones in the room, the tinny ones. That is what I went through. I was so blessed tomorrow is her 24th birthday and perfect we had three girls that where under 4 lbs. My boy was 6lb. but he was an emergency as well. I have had three children stay at the NICU.

You have a beautiful family and soon they all will be together at home, you have to believe that, it is true!

Bob

Pnambic
Baby steps...

Good news is he's making progress, steadily, if slowly. The nurses think the biggest hurdle he has lright now is learning to swallow. The doctors are confident the lung is healing well. No signs of infection. He's just not eating real well. Looks like he may have also inherited the family bane....reflux. He seems to latch on well and sucks good. (atta boy!)

I think he's made real progress though. He's a lot more attentive now, studying the things and people around him in earnest.

Thanks again for all the kind thoughts and prayers.

Photobucket Album for Leo
Wow....looks like I should lay off the donuts a little...

We reall are blessed. There are a lot of other little girls and guys in there that are far worse off than my little man, so throw some kind thoughts and prayers their way too. smile.gif

Bob, I have a pair of twin cousins that were born way early back in '76. They were both under one pound each. You could hold both in the palm of one adult hand. I don't know how many months they were in the hospital before getting to go home. They turned out alright in the end. But even being that close to such a thing didn't do anything to prepare me. Its just a real show-stopper to be told there's something wrong with your new little baby. All of your life priorities change in a real flash.

Anyway, things are looking up and I thank you all for your kind thoughts, stories and prayers. They do make a difference.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.