Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: you know what sucks?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djfamousa
Not having a heated garage for the new 914. =( Luckily I'm in california. Still, I feel bad because the car had a garage for a home for so long and now I have to expose it to the elements. Dangit That Sucks!
Allan
What, your garage doesn't have a roof either? smile.gif
markb
Um, what's a garage?

biggrin.gif
johnlush
Garage - ga·rage [guh-rahzh, -rahj or, especially Brit., gar-ij, -ahzh]

A (mostly) universal word meaning (roughly) where men go to get away from life (women) and are generally free to drink and gas freely. Work happens occasionally. More common in colder climes.
markb
Ahhhh, since I'm in Central CA, I don't need one of those.

Do I? biggrin.gif
sww914
QUOTE(markb @ Mar 6 2007, 09:42 PM) *

Ahhhh, since I'm in Central CA, I don't need one of those.

Do I? biggrin.gif

Me too. I have a Costco canopy in front of the 1 car garage for the car to sit in.
The garage is full of tools, go-karts, and boxes of stromberg.gif that should have been thrown away years ago.
VaccaRabite
You are lucky. In most parts of the country (linke mine), not havinga garage means not having a classic old car (at elast for very long).

Onthe east coast, cars that have lived outside for 30 years arn't safe to drive any more. They are total rust buckets.

I waiting till I had a garage before I bought my car.

Zach
djfamousa
QUOTE(johnlush @ Mar 6 2007, 09:10 PM) *

A (mostly) universal word meaning (roughly) where men go to get away from life (women) and are generally free to drink and gas freely. Work happens occasionally. More common in colder climes.

av-943.gif

Yes, I am parking in a driveway =( its better than on the street but not by much.
type47
i want to use the "F_%*" word
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Have we had a thread on everyone's garage pictures?
jasons
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 7 2007, 04:54 PM) *

Have we had a thread on everyone's garage pictures?

There has been one. I think you and Jim Patrick have us all trumped though.
ClayPerrine
A picture from 3 years ago....

IPB Image
TimT
What follows is my story about a shed, a warm beer and a home made jet engine.

the above is a story about a garage/shed laugh.gif
brer
climbing into bed in a cold house to find your cat had pee'd on the comfortor which then soaked through to the mattress sucks.
Series9
QUOTE(brer @ Mar 7 2007, 07:06 PM) *

climbing into bed in a cold house to find your cat had pee'd on the comfortor which then soaked through to the mattress sucks.

Having a cat sucks. happy11.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(johnlush @ Mar 7 2007, 12:10 AM) *

Sounds like my whole house! biggrin.gif
majkos
QUOTE(johnlush @ Mar 6 2007, 10:10 PM) *

A place to work on cars out of the 'Iffin fricken' WIND!
scottb
A place to work on cars out of the 'Iffin fricken' WIND!

ahhh yes, colorado wind. i lived east of parker and we had hella wind out there. here on the east coast, they talk of high wind warnings with gusts from 40-50mph. in the denver area, the weather guys would call that "a bit breezy today"! biggrin.gif
djfamousa
On Saturdays there are these huge black ravens that come around and they crap on cars and it's not your average standard issue poops. These crows are eating acid beef or something!
mrgreenjeans
QUOTE(djfamousa @ Mar 10 2007, 06:37 PM) *

On Saturdays there are these huge black ravens that come around and they crap on cars and it's not your average standard issue poops. These crows are eating acid beef or something!
idea.gif

Average
Issue
Standard
Poops

A-I-S-P

So you live in an area with Crows that "aisp" on your cars finish on a normal day.

BUT, now they appear on Saturdays....eating Acid Beef and producing an Acid Beef byproduct......

These would be crows...making aisp but of a certain "Saturday AB" quality. Don't know what I am trying to convey here, but I think I'd move, and take the teener with me. The future does not look good.

You may be their next choice on the menu, as they seem to have found a source of diet that could be considered Toxic to both man and machine. And if they are eating beef that's been acid tainted, they'll go for anything.

So sell the teener, carry a large gun to blast at these crows, OR wear a large hat to keep all the raining effluent from creating a hair gel situation on your cranium, and find a supplier to sell Porsche cleaning agents by the truckload.

Your gonna need all the help you can find........

Get down to your local Wal Mart and load up on several Ak-47 variants, and go ar15.gif . Take as many as you can....I don't want 'em migrating out our way. The teeners we know have enough problems rusting from the bottom sides without having to deal with top side ruination too.
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 7 2007, 07:01 PM) *

IPB Image

Clay what kind of oil absorber is that under the teener on the lift.

Nearly had a huge garage for my toys. had to back out because it would have taken more money and time to repair than I could afford.

So now I am back to kicking out the Mazda when I need to work on the racer.

It does stay in a garage though.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Mar 11 2007, 06:46 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 7 2007, 07:01 PM) *

IPB Image

Clay what kind of oil absorber is that under the teener on the lift.

Nearly had a huge garage for my toys. had to back out because it would have taken more money and time to repair than I could afford.

So now I am back to kicking out the Mazda when I need to work on the racer.

It does stay in a garage though.

IF you are referring to the car underneath, it is a 87 Nissan Pulsar. At the time the picture was taken, it was a daily driver with 300K on the clock.

Now it is sitting in my garage waiting for me to finish the wiring for the engine conversion. It has a SR20DET Japanese spec Nissan rally car engine in it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.