Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DIY programmable Ignition Now available
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
DIY programmable Ignition Now available

Just thought I'd pass this info on for those that cannot leave perfectly stock items alone.

http://www.bgsoflex.com/mjl/mjl_edis.html

This uses Ford components and an open source software to control spark. RPM, Load and all the regular inputs are used to control the spark advance/retard as needed.

Should perform just as well as after-marketrket units such as the Electromotive for just a few hundred bucks
(can be even cheaper if autowrecker parts are sourced, I'd say in the $50 to $100 range)

Can be used as a stand alone item if you have carbs or stock FI (you'd still need to trigger the FI by keeping the stock dizzy housing or by other means)

Or, if you have the Megasquirt, it can be used in conjuction with that unit. (shares the MAP and a few other inputs)

Yes, I will be doing this as well on my 2.0 motor, like I need another excuse not to have a running 914.
(I am still missing a chassis for my motor.....minor detail, LOL)

As a reminder, this is a Do-It-Yourself project...no real
support is available except for a Yahoo group list.

Mueller
Jeroen
We'll just wait 'till you got it all figured out and bust you with questions biggrin.gif
Looks like a cool setup, so thanks for sharing...

Cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
It will never work. Doom Doom.

B
Jeroen
Knowing Mike, help probably get really close to get it running
And then sell it to start another project biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.