Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear reflector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bogaat
I am having my new 914 shipped to me and already have a long list of required parts/repairs. What will I have to deal with when I remove the rear reflector? I am pretty sure I will end up with 4 holes, but what about the button? Will the original be hiding behind the reflector? All input/experience is appreciated!
biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
Nope....they usually are removed. Used ones are cheap....check out MarkB's rekeying thread....
914-8
The button will be gone, because it's impossible for it to be there if the reflector is on (no room).

and you'll have 6 big holes, not 4. Weld em up and grind em down.
736conver
QUOTE(914-8 @ Mar 7 2007, 02:36 PM) *

and you'll have 6 big holes, not 4. Weld em up and grind em down.

It will be 4 holes if its a 914 reflector. 6 holes if its a 911 reflector.
elwood-914
The dumbass P.O. destroyed my keyhole, so I'm leaving the reflector on. dry.gif
vertigo
My '73 has the rear reflector, however it also has the original trunk lock. The fit is close but does not look like someone did it themselves.
Spoke
Had a reflector on mine with cable trunk release. Don't need the pushbutton. I have 6 holes to weld up.

Spoke
TINCAN914
QUOTE(Spoke @ Mar 10 2007, 06:44 AM) *

Had a reflector on mine with cable trunk release. Don't need the pushbutton. I have 6 holes to weld up.

Spoke

agree.gif
Just removed mine two days ago, it's going to paint. I have six holes. Painter is fixing them.. mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.