Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got my Ebay Used Hoosier A6s!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
I was debating between buying new Kumho V710s or finding a set of used tires. Luckily I found this guy selling a bunch of used Hoosiers on ebay. He sounds like the type that uses them for the runoffs then dumps em.

$275 shipped.. 4 heat cycles on them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/infinitelydig...57594576411949/

I'm psyched! My first set of real sticky tires! Last season I managed to squeeze in a few autoxs on OLD BFG R1s. No grip for autox.

Should be fun.. can't wait!

I'm going to mount these flipped to get some extra life out of them. quote from tirerack.. "Additionally, their symmetric tread design allows them to be mounted on either side of the car (and later be remounted inside out to further extend their life)."
sww914
I read Hoosier's recommendations on tire mounting several years ago on the s03's, it went kind of like this- mount them according to the directional arrows, with them facing out, unless you need to turn them around, then face the arrows in, pointing in the right direction, unless you can't, then run them backwards and inside-out, if you can.
autohausdolby
QUOTE(sww914 @ Mar 7 2007, 10:24 PM) *

I read Hoosier's recommendations on tire mounting several years ago on the s03's, it went kind of like this- mount them according to the directional arrows, with them facing out, unless you need to turn them around, then face the arrows in, pointing in the right direction, unless you can't, then run them backwards and inside-out, if you can.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
drew365
You might try treating them with that Formula V. I have a can I haven't used yet but I intend to treat my Hoosiers before the next event. Several racers I trust say it works.
r_towle
QUOTE(drew365 @ Mar 8 2007, 10:26 AM) *

You might try treating them with that Formula V. I have a can I haven't used yet but I intend to treat my Hoosiers before the next event. Several racers I trust say it works.

What is formula V, does it make hoosiers more sticky??

Rich
yarin
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 8 2007, 10:36 AM) *

QUOTE(drew365 @ Mar 8 2007, 10:26 AM) *

What is formula V, does it make hoosiers more sticky??

Rich

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productse...sp?Product=3340

Interesting.. any idea how long a gallon lasts?
Joe Ricard
I have never seen directional arrows on any of the A3S0 series tires.

Are these tires from the Ebay guy that uses DDRT in his descriptions. His products are always exactly as described.

What size did you get and are these going on your 15 x 6 Panasports?
Good luck with them itty bitty fenders.
I got a set of flares to help you slide down the slippery slope.
yarin
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Mar 8 2007, 11:30 AM) *

Are these tires from the Ebay guy that uses DDRT in his descriptions. His products are always exactly as described.

I think my panasports are 7s. I have two sets.

My fenders are rolled/flared enough to fit 205/50/15s. The PO ran a set of R3S04s on there and I dont get any rubbing on my 205/50/15 BFG R1s on panasports.

I'll do my best to avoid flares and 5lug for as long as possible, hehe. Thanks for the offer though.

The ebay guy sold about 8 sets of Hoosiers last month. Must be nice using tires for a weekend then tossing them. Ill take em!
Joe Ricard
I'm getting my Slicks as "take-off's" also, can not beat full rubber for 75 bucks a piece.
11" of section width I need flares.
sww914
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Mar 8 2007, 08:30 AM) *

They were "R"'s, not "A"'s, maybe it made a difference.
grantsfo
Youre going to love these if you havent run sticky tires before. I never felt Hoosiers going away due to heat cycles. However I wouldnt be suprized to see you cord them sooner rather than later. I ran though my A6's very quickly in comparison to Kuhmo's.

What kind of camber you running? A6 Hoosiers like lots of camber. I had my car maxed out -2.5 degrees and they still wanted more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.